• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta or a Writing Buddy (I'm willing to swap!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a long post, just want to get everything out there, so PLEASE bear with me.

Ok so basically I’m looking for either a writing buddy or beta, either or. I’ve tried to have both at different times but well I really don’t seem to have the best luck with people for the most part. And I’m completely ok for a swap!

So plan and simple I write a very unique series. Yes you saw the word series, but don’t panic I’m not asking anyone to read all (as of now) 8 books. I kind of have a feeling that’s why people ignore my post they see series and freak. I understand that would take a lot of work and I’m not asking for that, plus not all of them are as polished as I want them to be.

Simply if you want to be a writing buddy, help me out and let me bounce ideas off of you for my WiP. You really don’t need to know much about the previous 7 books other then my characters, for they are the only constant within the series, for each book can ultimately stand alone. And I'm totally fine with doing the same for you, I've kind of been unoffical writing buddies for others and they seem to like my feedback.

If you want to be a beta reader though I’m looking for someone to read and tell me what they think of my first book. I’m not looking for line by line edits, just a general overview, of characters, plot, what you liked/didn’t like, if something did/didn’t make sense ect… Be as utterly mean or sweet as you like, at this point any kind of criticism will do. Also if this could be done in a timely fashion, say beginning to middle of September, although i'm really flexible with timelines, so if things come up it cool, that seemed to happen to my other beta readers, which is why i'm looking for others.

Um… ok what next, well my books, either which path you choose, I should warn you I’m kind of bad with grammar and spelling, I have polished my books as best as I humanly can manage, and have had a few others look them over to check for issues, but some still slide through the cracks, and I’m dyslexic so I’m sorry but I have a really hard time preventing that. My big issue is commas, those pesky little buggers… well I never know where the hell they should go.

Ok So my series/book, it can technically probably be classified under a lot of different genres’ from what people tell me, I’ve been told I write- Horror, thriller, urban fiction and SF. But one thing does remain constant it’s YA. And you can find a somewhat summary/into to all my books on my blog, along with get to better see and know all my characters, everything is on my blog, so instead of make this post any longer go check it out there. I will say my goal is for my series to be belived, so i write it as though it really happened and is a non-fiction, although its completely fiction.

As for swapping working, again I’m totally cool with that, I am a college student, currently on summer break so I’m free at the moment but once September hits I’ll be a little busier but even with school work I need to write and read so I diffidently will still respond to you! Trust me there wont be week breaks in between me responding. And for either beta reading or writing buddy swapping I can pretty much read anything, I love horror/thriller the most (clearly) but fantasy and urban fiction, and all that other stuff is ok, but one of my least favorite is Romance, but its not completely out of the question.

So if you are at all interested, either post below or PM me, hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for reading!

Ally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.