PDA

View Full Version : Seeking writing buddy/critique partner

HollyannDodd
07-24-2011, 03:03 AM
Hello!

I'm working on a YA urban fantasy. I've written three (unpublished) novels previously, and got some great feedback from agents, but ultimately no deal. This time around I think having a buddy to bounce ideas off, to chat with through the day, and who understands the genre would be very helpful with keeping me on track and easing those "self-doubt" days.

I'm looking for another YA author--or two--(paranormal, fantasy, SF, romance) to offer motivation and advice (and get it in return!) and eventually reach the critique stage and alpha reading.

My strengths: description and setting.
My weakness: dialogue.

Thank you!
HD

jennifer williams
07-24-2011, 06:46 AM
I'd love to be your writing/plotting/motivating buddy if you're interested. I know how helpful it is to have people who understand what you're going through around.

My weakness is actually description while my strength is dialogue so I think we'd be a great help to each other! I'm currently revising my WIP which is a YA contemporary romance. Hoping to be able to query it before the summer ends. :) PM me if you're interested.

angelfrancis
07-25-2011, 09:48 PM
I'd love to help as well, I write YA. 2 others before this, but this is my first Paranormal one. Very strong with dialogue, pace, plot, etc. Email me if you want to talk further, angelhett (at) gmail (dot) com