PDA

View Full Version : offset printer recommendations

bluerug
07-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Hello All -

New to the forum; appears to be a wealth of info here!

Some background on my situation: I've been using a well-known MN based printer for over 5 years with varied results. Some runs are on target, others have flaws that are-not-quite-severe-enough to ask for a reprint (poor color representation/proofs not matching the product, etc. etc.) This last printing was the 'straw that broke the camel's back' with some text clipped off on the back cover of about 100-200 copies.

My question (and please, only to individuals whom have had actual experiences with their recommendations, and who are not reps.) is: can anyone recommend a good off-set printer, specializing in mid-runs, prints and binds in country (USA), competitively priced, and preferably located in the western part of the country?

Thanks.

C

Medievalist
07-23-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm sorry to here about this; that would have been my first suggestion.

JulieB
07-23-2011, 01:44 PM
I think the OP is looking for a professional print house rather than a standalone printer.

bluerug
07-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Yep, looking for a professional print house; preferably somewhere in the West to lessen freight expenses...but they don't have to be, since most are around the Great Lakes area. Anyone?

Thanks.

C

Soccer Mom
07-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Here is the best listing that I know of. Good luck.

http://www.bookmarket.com/101print.htm