Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hi! I'm in for a busy night (three interviews to do and one deadline tomorrow), so I don't know if I'll be around much, but I wanted to start this thread for "Thank Yous."

If there's someone who's helped with this book and you'd like to acknowledge him/her/them, please post info here. I'll include it on StoriesofStrength.com and in the Absolute Write newsletter.

My thank you today goes to BOOKMARKS MAGAZINE-- they're giving us a free 1/6th page ad in their next issue!

THANK YOU, BOOKMARKS! :Hail:

http://www.bookmarksmagazine.com

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
my thank you to librarian toni whitney.

many here sent books to her library. every week she features a block of donated titles in several newspapers in her area. see link below.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17951&page=2&highlight=schneider

now, since the good folks at aw sent her books, she will include sos in the ad with the featured books. ordering info included.

thank you toni.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
emoteHail.gif
My thank you to: Heather, Dianne and Craig at Borders for supporting SOS.
emoteClap.gif
emoticonthankyou.gif
emotePartySmiley.gif

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Big, Huge "Thank You" to Wince Churchill of Dicks and Company in St. John's, NL, CAN for generously donating 500 bookmarks, 100 flyers and 50 posters to our cause!! Now for me to get to work! lol

Deb
emoteClap.gif

Last edited:

shelagh

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shelaghwatkins.co.uk
I would like to thank Rachel Dearden, journalist at the Lancashire Evening Post. Rachel wrote a half-page article about me in the "What Women Want" section of the newspaper in mid-August this year.

I sent the press release for SoS to Rachel and asked if anyone at LEP would be interested in running the story.

She passed the release on, and this was the result:

LEP_sos.jpg

Thanks Rachel, you are amazing!!!

:Clap: :Sun:

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck progressing with the newspapers so I emailed a freelance journalist in my city who did a story with me May of last year entitled, "House of Cards" - re. my publications with Blue Mountain Arts. Anyway... she said that the story needed to be assigned to her from one of the newspaper editors as she is a freelancer. In the meantime, she has been emailing me back and forth, checking with me, because she said it is such a great story and deserves exposure. Well, she must have been batting hard for me because I just got an email from her and she's interviewing me this Friday. Thank you Danette Dooley of St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada! You're making a difference!

Deb
smile.gif

Last edited:

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to give a special thank you to Lowe Martin Group in Ottawa, ON Canada for publishing bookmarks and posters.

Kim

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My thanks go out to so many folks for buying copies of and supporting Stories of Strength, but in particular:

Dave, my editor, for doing a full page feature on SoS in the Banff Crag & Canyon.

Tanya of Cafe Books in my home town of Canmore for posting a copy of my interview with the local paper.

Neil of Banff Book and Art Den for not hesitating to order copies for his store.

Raffaele of Indigo Books & Music for getting SoS added to their catalogue.

Donna of CFCN Television in Calgary for booking me on their News at Noon show to talk about SoS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.