Spanish priest to prove he's not gay by...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Andrés García Torres was "separated" from his Catholic parish after a photo surfaced of him shirtless with his arm around another man, and now the priest is offering to go to extreme measures to prove he's not gay, according to a report from Spain's Antena 3 and El Pais.

"I have told them that they should do the test to measure my anus to see whether it is dilated," the priest says in the video, according to a HuffPost translation.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/15/andres-garcia-torres-spanish-priest-anus_n_900209.html

Um... What? Now, I do feel bad for this guy for losing his position for being gay, but seriously, what the fuck kind of statement is that?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That proves nothing if he's exclusively a top.

not_HarryS

Peen Copter Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
I'll perform that test as well, if necessary.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Why would a priest pose shirtless with a seminary student if nothing's going on?

Why would a priest pose shirtless wiht a seminary student if something actually is going on? Why create evidence?

Who could possibly think that measuring the circumference of an asshole proves anything?

There are many other questions, but . . . I just can't.

When I have it firmly in my mind that I've already read the stupidest thing I'm going to read all day, something like this comes along and makes a fool of me.

Shelley

DrZoidberg

aka TomOfSweden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomknox.se
I'm trying to comment on his statement, but it's just layers upon layers of dumb.

On a more serious note, this is Huffington post. It's basically a blog. It's not real news. They're not constrained by journalist ethics and such.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
lololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Archie1989

Is Published!!!
Registered
Reaction score
There are no words for how stupid that is.

Also, now I have a really unpleasant image in my head of somebody holding a ruler up to his bum . . .

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
That he even suggests such a test suggests to me that he's so ignorant of things gay, he may very well not be gay.

Just because he is photoed shirtless with his arm around another man's shoulder, may be suggestive, but it's not proof of anything, except friendship. There has to more than a pic for the RCC chiefs to do this. They may have more--at least they should, even in this uber sensitive climate.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Oh,good lawd. I am of two minds with this phuckery right here. I sort of agree with citymouse. This kind of profound stupidity might mean that he isn't gay. Or he might be like DL folks in the AA community that believe as long as they are the giver and not the receiver that they aren't gay.

He doth protest too much. Chile,come on out. It's all right.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It also says a bit of the Catholic Church at the moment if they believe some hug can be interpretated this or that way and media that did it in the way they expected. So yeah, nobody's a saint here.

The sad bit is that the majority of people who I know here in Venezuela would take that as a valid proof, even some of my own age. :(

The idea in the Latin American (and I guess in traditional Hispanic) culture that "all men are top and all gay men are bottom" is very much alive.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Are we quite sure this isn't an episode of South Park we're talking about?

jdm

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Who could possibly think that measuring the circumference of an asshole proves anything?

There's a fundamentalist, conservative, republican joke in there somewhere.

Sorry, stumbled into the quiltbag forum and found this thread. Couldn't resist. Hope it didn't offend any of the evangelicals hanging around in here.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Straight but not narrow?

Whichever way he is or isn't, he's kind of a stud. Great voice, too. (AND HE SINGS.)

Shelley

Anne Lyle

Fantastic historian
Registered
Reaction score
Cambridge, UK. Or 1590s London. Some days it's har
Website
www.annelyle.com
The idea in the Latin American (and I guess in traditional Hispanic) culture that "all men are top and all gay men are bottom" is very much alive.

That attitude has been prevalent at least since Viking times. IIRC, they had a law saying that accusations of being a "bottom" were not a valid cause for a blood feud. Which suggests it was a common insult!

Status
Not open for further replies.