PDA

View Full Version : Novel Submission Call: Indie Publisher Seeks New Voices

Sporepress
07-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Biology isnít what it used to be.

As the biomedical/biotechnical revolution undermines many of our most basic assumptions regarding the nature of identity, authenticity, and nature itself, biological fiction offers us alternative visions of a world in which these defining assumptions are embraced, abandoned, re-formed, and created anew.

Spore Press wants to promote new visions of our bio-reality. Whether stories contain genetically modified characters, engineered viruses and parasites, or dark futurescapes dominated by totalitarian governments and megacorporations, we want authors who will explore the possible outcomes and human consequences of our scientific advances, regardless of genre.

We specialize in Bio-Fi.

To submit your manuscript, see http://sporepress.com/submissions/

veinglory
07-21-2011, 11:03 PM
No releases yet I see? Anything in the works?

Sporepress
07-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes. We will be posting our initial publication calendar within the week. We are new and family owned, but well funded, passionate, and professional. We are putting our careers and money on the line to partner with talented authors who want someone in their court willing to work night and day helping promote their work.

FOTSGreg
07-22-2011, 04:59 AM
Got a contract and terms for us to see here?

Catadmin
07-24-2011, 07:30 PM
What sort of rights are you seeking?

How do you plan on marketing (since you mentioned it)?

What type of royalties and advances are you starting from?

FYI: The link to the submissions page gives me a "Hello World" first blog post page. I see no details about the press or its submission requirements.

Bartholomew
07-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Are you looking for darker works like Ring (リング) by Koji Suzuki (Small Pox gains sapience and psychic powers) or more Spec Fic centered on transhumanism? Or both? =)

Sporepress
09-15-2011, 05:32 PM
We are looking for both of those. Books currently in the works include two based on drug research gone bad, environmental contamination caused prion disease mutation, and bizarre effects of cannibalism.

MJM
10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
No Text.
(Shoulda followed the link. Whoops.)