PDA

View Full Version : Delightful 2 days working on MY OWN writing

cloistervoices
07-21-2011, 05:35 AM
I took two vacation days...not to vacation or run errands or review other people's work but to work on my own writing.

Glory Be but it has been wonderful. I finally have all the little scraps of paper and crumpled index cards safely residing in a Scrivener-like program (WritingOutliner for MS Word).

Now that I'm not so disorganized with that crazy state of starting a new novel project, characters, scenes, settings, conflict are all beginning to fall into place.

It's really great when you can pull from some of your very favorite interests in your writing. In my case, a smattering of my research into the colonial history of the Pennsylvania-Delaware area, and a little dollop of ethnobotany and forensics, and the slightest smattering of New Age woowoo have shown up in the story.

Now that the bits and pieces are simmering safely together (with backups of backups in two places), I can relax, eat that piece of chocolate cake I've been saving for this moment, put on a movie, and relax.

I'm still looking for a writing buddy who is at absolute ground zero in a new project too so we can progress through the building of a story together. See my post in the Beta/Buddy section if you are interested.

Phaeal
07-21-2011, 06:48 PM
CGs on corralling the bits and pieces and good luck with the emerging project!

V-Man
07-22-2011, 08:59 PM
One of the best Accomplishments I've seen in a while! Congrats!

cloistervoices
07-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks V-Man and Phaeal!

V-Man, I love your sense of humor on your website.