• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader needed for MG Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerloves101

Registered
Reaction score
Title: Ace of Eight
Word Count: 33,000

Ten seconds was all it took to make the biggest mistake of his life, eight hours is all he had left to make it right.

Ace of Eight
follows Will Davidson, an eighth grader who has a crush on his childhood friend Michelle. Only his best friends know, and at a sleepover on the penultimate day of school, he accidentally sends a romantic e-mail to her. The majority of the story takes place on the last day of school and Will goes through many obstacles while trying to protect his secret...

I've been told my story is very funny and my characters are unique. But I have trouble "showing not telling" with my main character, Will.

If you're curious about the meaning of the title, the only way to find out is through reading :)

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could read the story and give me an honest opinion.

Message me on AW or post in the comments if you're interested in reading :D

QuillsWrath

Registered
Reaction score
You got me interested in title - and that is reason I am posting this (not sure thou). Could you post (if you didn't already) first few pages in SYW? If I decide its writen in intersting tone or skill I will read the whole story.

And if you like realy honest opinion one beta-reader shoud be one who doesn't particualry like genere you're writing in.

geagar

W/O Adult Supervision
Registered
Reaction score
Website
granteagar.blogspot.com
I would be willing to read it for you, I'm not an editor but I let you know my take on it. I write Young Adult and Juvenile stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.