Status
Not open for further replies.

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Is this the right forum to put this in? If not, sorry!

Basically, those three book covers that are supposed to be at the top of the page are only visible while the page is loading. As soon as it's loaded, they disappear, which means I usually don't get the time to actually check out the titles or click the links. Is his a known problem? Does anyone know what's up?

Deleted member 42

Corinne I suspect it's local to your browser, and it's because you're running with an ad blocker.

Those aren't ads--Mac picks the books to feature there, and you can't buy a link/book cover in that row. It's entirely Mac's whim.

But if you're running an ad blocker, it likely thinks they're ads, and blocks them, along with the real ads that help pay to run the server.

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Huh -- I didn't consider that option since I haven't changed anything in my settings and this is a pretty recent thing. I'll go fiddle with my settings and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for your help.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Corinne I suspect it's local to your browser, and it's because you're running with an ad blocker.

Those aren't ads--Mac picks the books to feature there, and you can't buy a link/book cover in that row. It's entirely Mac's whim.

But if you're running an ad blocker, it likely thinks they're ads, and blocks them, along with the real ads that help pay to run the server.

One day, I hope to see my book up there. *wistful*

In the meantime, I'm pleased to say I've already bought and have read (or are reading) the ones currently up there. :hooray:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Well, in general, anything that gets your book in front of people is advertising, so, technically...

Deleted member 42

The book covers do link to Amazon pages, when they're available there, so AW does get a tiny commission, but they're not ads in the conventional sense.

And it's entirely a matter of MacAllister's whim.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
In the meantime, I'm pleased to say I've already bought and have read (or are reading) the ones currently up there. :hooray:

Thank you so much! :) And I look forward to doing the same for you, when your cover is up there. :)

...is it okay for me to point out here that the Kindle edition (actually, the ebook editions in any format--Kindle, Nook, Sony, Apple, etc.--of UNHOLY GHOSTS is currently at a special promotional price of ninety-nine cents?

99 cents. Foreals.

The next two books in the series are each priced at $4.99. So if you want to try them in ebook...now's the time.

(If it's not okay, feel free to edit that out. I just figured I'd mention it because it's on-topic.)

Deleted member 42

. . . the Kindle edition (actually, the ebook editions in any format--Kindle, Nook, Sony, Apple, etc.--of UNHOLY GHOSTS is currently at a special promotional price of ninety-nine cents?

99 cents. Foreals.

The next two books in the series are each priced at $4.99. So if you want to try them in ebook...now's the time.

(If it's not okay, feel free to edit that out. I just figured I'd mention it because it's on-topic.)

Stacia you ought to put this in Announcements, Events and Self-Promotion; it's an incredibly sweet deal for some good books.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Slightly on-topic...

Stacia, I've got a copy of Unholy Ghosts, and I was just wondering something. The book cover in your avatar - is that an American cover? Because my copy (print) has a picture of a face with some ghostly smoke stuff coming out of it, and I'm in Australia where I know we sometimes get different covers.

Just thought I'd ask. :) (Frankly, I prefer the cover in your avatar, but don't tell the Aussies. ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.