PDA

View Full Version : Unknown/Liam Neeson

seaaircarol
07-18-2011, 09:43 PM
I rented "Unknown" On Demand yesterday.

I liked it, but I kept wondering where Neeson was getting all this money. His wallet was in his briefcase, right? And it seems unlikely that if he had money in his pocket, he would still have it after the accident.

Anyone else see it?

MikTal
07-20-2011, 01:51 PM
What did you like about it? As a writer, you must of found at least some of the scenes cringeworthy? For example,

When Martin leaves the hospital, he tells the doctor that his wife must be worried sick as he`s been missing without any contact for four days. Well of course she would be, as anyone would. But when he goes back to the hotel, he is not suprised to find his wife dressed up and partying?!? Surely his first question should be, havent you been worried? Instead HE apologises for being in a coma!?!?

It`s an A-typical example of story driving characters. It is a total mess of a movie IMO. Nothing makes any sense, the story doesnt even try to work.

I love a good thriller, but this is just dumb down Hollywood nonsense at its worse.

Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear, but films like this just drive me up the wall.

gothicangel
07-20-2011, 02:05 PM
After seeing Taken, I have no interest in seeing this one. Though Mark Kermode's review is worth seeing for entertainment value. :tongue