Go Ahead, Make Me...

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Happy! PLEASE! I beg of you. Tell me a joke or funny incident or a good word, not a bad word or an ugly word. Say something nice or that you did something nice today...opened a door for an older lady at the liquor store anything. I am open for business to hear anything GOOD. So let's have at it!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, not sure if it's a good deed or not, but I've been patting the cat and dog who obviously missed me while I was away. So they're somewhat happier now.

And a good thing is that I've lost weight recently. I now weigh the least I've weighed in about, oh, 4 or 5 years.

:)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
YAY...I love caressing my pets too. My kitty boy is my best lover. hehe. He is a sucker for massages. He even gives me love bites when I ignore him. LOL I totally pamper him to the nines.

Bruce my shephard/boxer is a good boy too, but he's more Daddy's pet then mine.

Then we have a bunny too, but he's vicious. hahaha

TOTAL Congrats on your weight lose Cliff. Hopefully I'll be in the same scenario come a month from now.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I gave my cat Star Kist tuna and later we took a nap.

And I'm going to have ice cream later. That's good.

And it rained yesterday; which we needed.

And, sort of funny (since you mentioned old ladies and liquor) . . . my state has a law that ANYONE buying beer gets carded. One of the clerks at the grocery store I go to said the oldest person they'd carded was a 92-year-old woman. That's probably the first time she's gotten carded since before World War II.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha...so funny! Thanks for giving me a really wide smile Alleycat! And speaking of cats, that sounds like an enjoyable moment. Stormy loves chicken from the grill or baked chicken, or chicken fried...however you make it, he will eat it. Hates seafood tho, go figure. I thought all cats loved fish food. LOL

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
I was gone last night, so my husband had to put the kids to bed. My 3 yr old daughter likes to rock and sing/read before bed. She started whining that she wanted Mom because Mom doesn't have an itchy beard. Excellent observation :)

Here's what she said today as we were driving: "Mom, there's an idiot behind us and I don't like his car."

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
I went to see the last part of Harry Potter with my sister. :) It was awesome!

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
My five year old nephew could brighten anyone's day.
Last time I was visiting with him and my mother (his nana), nana had to go to the supermarket.
When he discovered she was gone he looked at me with big eyes and asked "Are you going to go too, auntie?"
And I said "no, sweetheart. I'm going to stay and look after you."
And then he said... "that's because you love me very much, isn't it?"

I wish I was so quick to jump to that conclusion with people!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Gretad, she sounds very perceptive! Good quality to have.

Sadron, glad you hada good time with sis. I have yet to see Harry Potter myself.

Lastlittlebird, isn't it wonderful to have caring little ones around you? They are such a joy. I kinda miss when my kids were real young. Now they're teenagers, EEK! But they are still very caring in a different way, not so cutsie from when they were little.

My son took me bowling last night for my B-day (which is tomorrow, hence the 7/17/75) I hada terrific time, it was a blast even though I only bowled a 68 and a 97. Haha. And believe it or not, my highest was a 212, go figure.

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com
Well, ah don't know how to tell ya this, but ahm a personater. Person ahd'lak to personate now is da duke hisself. Listen to dis: "What 'cha doin, Pilgrim?" See shounded just like him did't it?

Ah can do James Stewart too. "See that moon up there. I'll bring it down for ya. I,I,I,I,I,I,I I will too." The trick to doing James Stewart is he has to hiccup exactly eight times. If You don't do it eight times, it's not the James, boy.

Ah can do Bogart's best friend, too. "You dirty rat. . . " sounded just like him, didn't it.

That brings me to writer's tricks. a successful writer suspends animation. I mean, a successful animator suspends belief. You . . . mean . . . you didn't believe me? Can you suspend your unbelief for a brief moment? Good. Now, do you believe me?

See? I'm a successful writer. I'm a legend in my own mind, and that settles it. For me, anyway.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I had my big ole guard doggie on a cloth lead just barely out of eyesight while I was watering something. He heard me talking and waltzed up to me with his chewed-through lead dangling around his neck, the cutest look on his face :D

So he's been humoring me with the lead. Why am I not surprised *facepalm* :D ? The big ole lug!