• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a mentor to help with YA story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, so i'm relatively new at this, and as of yet am to finish anything, but it would be great if i could have a mentor to help me along with ideas and stuff. A guide, of a sort. Someone to say if this or that is good or bad or if i should write something a different way, write something completely different or keep it the same, etc etc. I've recently started on a story that's hopefully YA. I'm about 9 pages into it, but am feeling unsure of how suitable it is.
It's a sad story about a girl that's lost the love of her life and because her mother is just very coldhearted and impatient, and sick of her daughter mourning for too long, sends her to a therapy hospital... like a priory, for help. I had plans for a ghostly feel to it as well, but that's for later stages. Throughout the story i'm doing flash backs as she talks to her therapist, but i'm just.. not feeling the most confident, if that makes sense.
Critique but not cruelty would be nice, and a good sense of direction, even better.

Last edited:

QuillsWrath

Registered
Reaction score
Well since you havn't finished anything yet I read that you are a begining writer. Am I right?

I am interested into looking to story, but before we "strike a deal" you should now that I am a beginer also. PM me for details...

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
I'd also be happy to help. PM me if you still need someone.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd also take a look if your still looking.

Completed Shattered 50k (with Beta's) contemporary fantasy
WIP Soul Snatchers about 1,000k in (dumped)
WIP Next book after Shattered outlining -contemporary fantasy
WIP GODFREY CALLOWAY- THE KILLER - (not sure what this is yet only 669 words in)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.