Advice on cover?

eward

Registered
Reaction score
Website
openpresencenow.com
Hey, folks! I came to you for help with my short story cover and you were so helpful I'm back :)

This is a (light) science fiction novella with a little bit of adventure and mystery. It'll go on Kindle, but it's not long enough to print.

20z5shk.png

EDIT: I actually changed it, haha! My husband came up with a pretty cool version. If you happened to see the last one, let me know if you like it more :p

And just for reference, here's a smaller version, which is what most people will see on Amazon.com or in signatures:
10n5clt.png

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Would it catch your eye? I'm not too sure about the title reflection.

Last edited:

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
Pretty cool. I find myself wishing I could see what it looks like with the light streaks off her face and only on the black.

VoireyLinger

Angel Wing Fetish
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.voireylinger.com
I like the look, but there are no cues telling me what kind of book it is. This could be a YA/coming of age, a , a horror, a romance, a crime thriller... anything. It looks great, large and small, but I don't know what to make of the story from it.

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
I agree about not knowing what type of story it is based on the cover.

But it looks great!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I still think the girl looks overly happy/pretty. Based on this cover it could be a story of a model's ascent to fame. IMHO the more abstract version was more intriguing. But maybe that's just me.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
I think it looks really cool, however, I agree I have no idea about what the book is about. Granted I'd pick it up off a shelf and read the back blurb.

Griffin Hayes

One evil little baby step at a time
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, the imagery is striking, but doesn't reveal a whole lot about what kind of experience is in store for the reader. A hint or two might make all the difference.

MartinD

Thought I'd stop by
Registered
Reaction score
I think the cover is striking but I wouldn't pick it up in a bookstore; I'd assume it was a romance of some sort.