PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Writing buddy/ Critique Partner!

Areis
07-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Hello all!
I'm brand-spanken new to the forum, and I am looking for a writing buddy/critique partner.

You:
I am interested in someone who gives constructive criticism, and is honest without being mean or cruel.
I have experience critiquing from my creative writing classes, and I can do most genres. Having said that I am probably better at contemporay/literary and especially young adult. I read tons of ya paranormal in my free time.

Me:
I write short stories, and I'm working on a young adult paranormal romance novel.
The short stories aren't strictly young adult, but they are contemporary feeling. Meaning they aren't science fiction/fantasy/paranormal stories.

Matthew_X
07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi there,

What are you looking for critique of? The short stories, your WIP, something else? Are you looking for a one-off or a long-term relationship?

Areis
07-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Hello!

I am looking for a more long term relationship.

I like the idea of being able to bounce things off of someone, so in that aspect a writing buddy. I would prefer someone I could exchange with. Someone who wouldn't mind doing a critique of my work when needed. I would be able to do the same for them as well.

I am open to having someone for my short stories, as well as someone for my YA book, if they don't come nicely in the same person.

Since I am not far into writing my YA novel, I was thinking I could look at their writing more in the beginning, as well as work on my short stories which are complete and just need editing.

I hope that helps!

Feel free to respond to the post or PM me if your interested. I could send you some of my work to check out to see if we are compatable.

QuillsWrath
07-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I would be interested in giving critique. I believe I can do constructive criticism without being cruel. Harsh yes, but not cruel.

About being writing buddy. I would prefer criticism first to see your writing.

O, there may be a minor setback... I write prose only in my primary language which is slovenian. Have someting in english too but that is bad writing...

What say you?