• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta reader for a MG/Sci fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta reader for my as yet untitled MG novel. I would call the genre MG/Sci fi with a dash of horror. I don't require any hand holding-please be as harsh as you'd like. I need to know if this story works or not.

The blurb/query: Elysa’s father typically ignores her, preferring to work long hours for the robot company that he presides over. So when he gifts her with her very own humanoid robot, the girl is ecstatic. Her father gives her just two rules: The robot cannot leave the house, and she must not speak of it to anyone else.
Elysa cannot follow the rules, and her innocent confession to her friend Jessica results in her father’s anger-and a meeting with a strange man who looks exactly like her new robot. Elysa discovers her father’s gift may not have been for her benefit after all, but only to preserve a horrifying secret about his company.

It's on the short side, at 24k words. Any takers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.