I'm Back!

Vampwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristyselliott.tripod.com
I've been MIA for a while. The thing that instigated my status was my laptop hard drive burning out. I won't go into the long drawn out story of my stupidity. I will say this....lesson learned I back up my hd on a daily basis. ;)

Anyhow. As you may have guessed. I lost the manuscript I was working on. 25,000+ words. Ugh! I was about a quarter of the way through it. Anyhow. I have restarted it and it's going kind of slow, but I write at least 1500 words a day right now. I am hoping to get it up to 2000 which is what I was doing before karma came around and bit me hard.

Two good things did come out of it....I found a short story I was working on a couple of years ago for a class and thought I had lost. I am almost done with the first draft...lol. As far as the "mega manuscript" (lol)...My rewrite is taking me on a different path and it's actually turning out better so far.

Anyhow. The whole point to this long drawn out post is that I am back...lol.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

alpaca

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! :)

Sorry to hear about your hd and losing your story, but at least you think it's going better for this rewrite! Sounds like you're writing a lot of words per day too, good for you.

Mandiloo322

[Shhhh....I'm writing.]
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! Way to be so positive about the hard drive crash! I would be a complete and utter basket case. Best of luck with your new draft! :)