One of the creepiest pieces of music evarz...

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
That one was pretty creepy. I followed the link to Jurassic Park slowed down 1000% though, and it's incredibly soothing after the creepy one. :D

(The scariest part is that it brought back memories of logging onto AOL...)

I think that's part of it's creepiness factor, honestly.

*hugs her non-aol email and wireless internet tightly* Never leave me!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...*hugs her non-aol email and wireless internet tightly* Never leave me!
I was a rebel at the time and ditched AOL after only a few weeks. Went with Mindspring instead, which was later bought out by Earthlink.

I remember having to send AOL a signed letter (which I faxed), demanding that my account be discontinued, which was the only way at the time to get them to stop billing me.

I continued to receive countless upgrade CDs in the mail from AOL for the longest time, which turned my distaste for them into near hatred.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
We switched from AOL to Earthlink sometime when I was in high school. I still had an aol email, we just weren't tied to their service. I don't remember having to do anything special to stop the account, but mom would've taken care of all that. I ditched the aol email about the same time I discovered the joy of high speed internet with my first laptop when I went to college. I've never looked back.

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
What a great idea! Next they'll copyright it.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I was just wondering about the connection speed, cause I was a couple miles from the CO and never got the theoretical 56k and stuff.

But no .. I'm listening, and this is some of the tamer stuff from the weekly space music show that's been on for a long time, "Music From the Hearts of Space."

And that Jurrassic Park thing is 54 minutes long! But it also sounds like some of the "music" from that radio show.

Oh, I recall when a certain radio personality told AOL to shove it... The '90's, what an exciting time that was!

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I continued to receive countless upgrade CDs in the mail from AOL for the longest time, which turned my distaste for them into near hatred.

Never tried creating sports out of them? Never took them out for target practice?

For those interested in Drone music, here's a rather large group on Soundcloud, chock full of the stuff. Here.

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm..... not creepy, but absolutely perfect for one of my scenes (not a creepy scene, either).

Thanks for the link! (^_^)

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
When it got closer to the end I thought the aliens were coming. o_O

TudorRose

not napping... brainstorming!
Registered
Reaction score
That would be really effective for a creepy book trailer.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I was just wondering about the connection speed, cause I was a couple miles from the CO and never got the theoretical 56k and stuff.

But no .. I'm listening, and this is some of the tamer stuff from the weekly space music show that's been on for a long time, "Music From the Hearts of Space."

And that Jurrassic Park thing is 54 minutes long! But it also sounds like some of the "music" from that radio show.

Oh, I recall when a certain radio personality told AOL to shove it... The '90's, what an exciting time that was!

I loved listening to Hearts of Space. Every Sunday night when I was a teen I'd stay up late and tape record every show on my radio. I think I still have all of those tapes stashed away somewhere at my mom's house. I bet the sound quality on them sucks. Because of that show, I've come to love a lot of the artists played on it, and have several CD's. I need to figure out when around here they play the show so I can listen again. I miss the HOS.