PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever inhaled helium?

Vito
07-01-2011, 01:54 AM
I did it once, at a wedding reception. The party was starting to slow down, so someone broke out a helium tank and we stood in a semi-circle and passed it around. Inhaling the helium made us all talk in strange voices, smile a lot, and laugh! Everyone said my voice sounded like Alvin the Chipmunk, but I think it sounded more like Woody Woodpecker. :Thumbs:

The thrill of helium is sort of addictive and I wanted to do it over and over and over. But I ended up taking only one hit, because I didn't want to "bogart" the tank. That would have been very uncool.

Chris P
07-01-2011, 01:55 AM
*inhales* So what's your question?

Vito
07-01-2011, 01:57 AM
*inhales* So what's your question?

Dude, your voice sounds so freekin' funny! :roll:

scarletpeaches
07-01-2011, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I've done it with a balloon. I was in a bar with a friend, and saw a birthday party going on over on the other side of the room. I thought, "Fuck it, why not ask?" So I approached the birthday girl, wished her well, and said, "I know this is really cheeky, but I've always wanted to suck on a helium balloon and sing a song, so..."

Straight away she said, "Yes! I'd love to hear that." :D

So one of her friends handed over a birthday balloon, I inhaled a bit, and gave 'em a round of I Will Survive, stopping before every chorus to top up.

By the end of it they were all pissing themselves laughing. It was a great night. Everyone in the bar had that 'just out for a good time' vibe, and my singing...well, it made them smile, so why not? :D

Vito
07-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I've done it with a balloon. I was in a bar with a friend, and saw a birthday party going on over on the other side of the room. I thought, "Fuck it, why not ask?" So I approached the birthday girl, wished her well, and said, "I know this is really cheeky, but I've always wanted to suck on a helium balloon and sing a song, so..."

So one of her friends handed over a birthday balloon, I inhaled a bit, and gave 'em a round of I Will Survive, stopping before every chorus to top up.

By the end of it they were all pissing themselves laughing. It was a great night. Everyone in the bar had that 'just out for a good time' vibe, and my singing...well, it made them smile, so why not? :D

Yes!!! :fistpump

Xelebes
07-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Dude, your voice sounds so freekin' funny! :roll:

Did I just walk into a party for dorks?

I did?

Don't mind me, I'll make myself at home here.

firedrake
07-01-2011, 10:17 AM
I have.

My first helium-induced words.

"Follow the Yellow Brick Road."

:D

Caitlin Black
07-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah, but it didn't change my voice. I seem to be impervious to gases that are supposed to make you sound different.

scarletpeaches
07-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I have.

:DThis just shot straight to the top of my List of things I must witness before I die. :D

areteus
07-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I've inhaled lots of gases... some of them actually quite deadly. The things you have to do when teaching chemistry...

I did once make a massive mistake. I was cleaning out an incubator. I had a bottle of 70% ethanol in one hand, a cloth in the other, I sprayed the ethanol into the incubator and then put my head into it to scrub the back with the cloth.

When I came out of there, having spent a couple of minutes breathing air full of alcohol vapour which was going straight into my nose and therefore into the blood vessels that lead to the brain, I was definitely quite drunk... That was a fun afternoon...

Should I mention the safety hazards linked with breathing helium gas? No? Ok, I won't :)

Jersey Chick
07-01-2011, 06:38 PM

I would have paid to see this. :D

And bought a round for everyone.

Vito
07-01-2011, 06:45 PM
I have.

:D

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Vito
07-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Should I mention the safety hazards linked with breathing helium gas? No? Ok, I won't :)

Just say no!

Charlee
07-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Every time we are around those ballons! Can't help it! (and it's funny!)