PDA

View Full Version : Beer Games?

Kevans
06-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Years ago when I was stationed in Germany, before the wall came down, Army, I had a beer (Bier) game. I would buy a round trip ticket on the train.

I did not care where it was going, as the real purpose was to get off at every station along the way and try the local bier.

I found a lot of beers I liked, and a few I didn't, but I always made it back home okay.

Any other Games out there?

Regards,
Kevin

Mr Flibble
06-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Here's a local beer game for you (I think they still play it in a couple of the villages round here. Sort of an annual event)

If you haven't dwile flonked (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwile_Flonking), you haven't lived. I think. It's hard to remember...

alleycat
06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
How about a game to get free beer? (Warning: Don't try this in a biker bar).

There is almost always a deck of cards in a bar, along with salt on the bar counter. Offer to bet someone a beer that they can pick a card and you can find which one it was with the deck of cards held behind your back.

Before the trick, if there's no salt on the bar, spill a little (without being noticed, of course). Get a few grains of salt on your slightly moisten index finger. Have someone pick a card. Tap the top of the deck with your salted index finger (a few grains of salt will be deposited on the top of the deck) and tell the person to "just put the card back here". Cut the cards a few times, then hold them behind your back. With a little practice you can easily find the card selected because it will be the one that "rolls around" on top of the salted card.

Enjoy your free beer! Or, get the snot beat out of you.

whacko
07-01-2011, 02:36 AM
My game's really easy.

Drink beer. Get drunk.

If that's too difficult for beginners, I suggest substituting beer for sweet cider. Malibu, if you're really wary of the rules, at a push.

Actually Kevans, your game is still a right of passage here in Glasgow.

Our subway has a mere 14 or so stops. Same idea as yours, have a drink at every station.

Naturally I outgrew that game when I realised that I could drink at 14 bars, stagger home of an evening and save the train fare.

Who says that Scots are tight?

Regards

Parsimonious Whacko

Eudoxia
07-01-2011, 04:15 AM
You can turn Mario Party into a drinking/strip game. I think every star you get, you have to remove an article of clothing and if you lost a mini-game then you had to drink a whole bottle of beer. Also, if you land on a red space then you have to take a shot of whiskey.

Undercover
07-01-2011, 04:23 AM
What about that card game/beer drinking game, Under the Sheets? Sounds kinky I know.

Silver King
07-01-2011, 05:06 AM
I spent a weekend many years ago with a motorcycle club that was called The Dirty Thirty. Once a month or so, they'd set out on a Saturday morning and hit thirty bars within two days, mostly dives and biker bars, then return Sunday night.

It was a grueling marathon of drinking and mayhem, and a hell of a lot of fun. I was invited to join the club but politely declined, as I was determined to live past the age of twenty-five...

mirandashell
07-01-2011, 09:50 PM
I remember a drinking game called Spoons. Bit hazy on the rules though......