PDA

View Full Version : The 80's

Undercover
06-29-2011, 04:25 AM
What do you remember from the 80's?

Man I totally grooved on Shortberry Shortcake Dolls, My Little Ponies. Member those other flower dolls? They were thin and beautiful, like a Lily one and a Orchid one.

Molly Ringwald? God I loved her.

Anyone else grow up in the 80's?

Alessandra Kelley
06-29-2011, 05:10 AM
Fraggle Rock. Cheers. Night Court. The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd. Mystery Science Theater 3000. Boy George (the shame of it!). Cyndi Lauper. The Eurythmics. A Flock of Seagulls. Dungeons and Dragons. Runequest. Champions. Miracleman. Watchmen. Swamp Thing. The Sandman. Crisis on Infinite Earths. Elfquest. Cerebus. GrimJack. American Flagg. E-Man. Camelot 3000. Jon Sable, Freelance. Teenage Mutant Ninja Heroes (the original comic book). Howard the Duck. John Constantine, Hellblazer. Alien. Raiders of the Lost Ark. Back to the Future. Escape From New York. The Princess Bride. Conan the Barbarian. Ghandi. Excalibur. Dragonslayer. Labyrinth. The Empire Strikes Back. Akira. Tonari no Totoro.

I modded a My Little Pony for a friend, painting it black with glowing red eyes and spiky silver wings and a unicorn horn.

I am SUCH a geek.

poetinahat
06-29-2011, 05:21 AM
Bless you for mentioning Night Court!

Other than that and Cheers, I think I was in a different Eighties from y'all...

Vince524
06-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Well, I was born in the 70's. That's when I got into KISS.

Then I went through my teen years in the 80's. Listened to KISS.

Then I was a twenty something during the 90's. Back then I was into... um... Oh yeah, KISS.

Then during the 2000-2009 time, there really wasn't any new KISS stuff, so I got into country. Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley. Etc.

Now, it's 2011, and I just turned 40 and I mostly listen to KISS. Last cd came out in 2009, new one soon.

But other than that in the 80's? Guns & Roses. Def Leppard, Bon Jovi.

Tv was A team, Night Court, Family Ties, Knight Rider.

Probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

Vito
06-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Graduating from high school in 1980, then working for two years, then going to community college and finally to the nearby state university.

Getting drunk almost every day with my old high school friends or my college classmates. Old Milwaukee, Miller High Life, whatever...nobody worried about trying to impress everyone else with their overpriced overrated bitter-tasting microbrews, back then.

Having short hair, after having long hair during high school in the '70s.

My college girlfriend -- S******. :heart:

Music: Springsteen, Elvis Costello, The Clash, early R.E.M., and the great '80s indie groups such as the Beat Farmers and the Del Fuegos.

TV. "Late Night With David Letterman" and "Newhart" were my favorites.

Movies: "Diner", "Fandango", and "Wall Street" are still at the top of my all-time list.

The exercise and fitness craze. Gyms and health clubs were PACKED back then. I was jogging approx. 40 miles per week at that time, and I always felt like a million bucks.

Levis' 501s. Those white oxford button-down shirts were really popular, too.

Three of my nieces were born in the 1980s, and they're still my pride and joy! :Thumbs:

sheadakota
06-29-2011, 06:21 AM
I was in college in the 80's so my memories are just a tad different from yours-;)

Big hair, shoulder pads you could have landed a plane on, Levi 501s, big shirts, leggings and bright colors!

Music- Flock of seagulls, The Clash, The Kinks, Michael Jackson, Billy Joel.

Frat parties, playing quarters and other drinking games

Sex (aids was just starting to become known)

The finale of M.A.S. H was HUGE! Our entire dorm got together in one room to watch it.

Cheers, Night Court, Newhart, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice

You could buy a large Pizza for five bucks and it would feed your whole wing.

KTC
06-29-2011, 06:27 AM
I have never left the 80s and I have no intention of ever doing so.

poetinahat
06-29-2011, 07:02 AM
The Smiths. XTC. The Fall. REM. Bright Lights, Big City. Tears for Fears. Cabaret Voltaire. Grace Jones. Repo Man. Stranger than Paradise. Prick Up Your Ears. Black Flag. Bad Brains. Minor Threat. Public Image Ltd. Dead or Alive. ABC. Bon Jovi. Killing Joke. Ghostbusters. Run-DMC. B-52's. Shriekback. Gin gimlets. Sobranie cigarettes. Nastassia Kinski (and, for that matter, Simple Minds). Propaganda. Eurythmics. Mission of Burma. Magazine. The Breakfast Club. Alexander Julian pants. Culture Club (*no* shame here about liking them). LA Law. Blue Velvet. Hill Street Blues. Yazoo. The '84 Detroit Tigers (Bless You Boys) and their 35-5 start. The Cure. New Order, when they were good. The Replacements. Laurie Anderson. Style Council. Japan.

I'm with KTC.

KellyAssauer
06-29-2011, 07:49 AM
The Smiths. XTC. The Fall. REM. Bright Lights, Big City. Tears for Fears. Cabaret Voltaire. Grace Jones. Repo Man. Stranger than Paradise. Prick Up Your Ears. Black Flag. Bad Brains. Minor Threat. Public Image Ltd. Dead or Alive. ABC. Bon Jovi. Killing Joke. Ghostbusters. Run-DMC. B-52's. Shriekback. Gin gimlets. Sobranie cigarettes. Nastassia Kinski (and, for that matter, Simple Minds). Propaganda. Eurythmics. Mission of Burma. Magazine. The Breakfast Club. Alexander Julian pants. Culture Club (*no* shame here about liking them). LA Law. Blue Velvet. Hill Street Blues. Yazoo. The '84 Detroit Tigers (Bless You Boys) and their 35-5 start. The Cure. New Order, when they were good. The Replacements. Laurie Anderson. Style Council. Japan.

I'm with KTC.

You missed a few!!!! More like a lot:
Patti Smith. The Clash. Lene Lovich. The Pixies. Bob Mould. Billy Bragg. Shelleyan Orphan. Psychic TV. A Band of Susan's. Sonic Youth. Morrissey. The Sugarcubes. Bad Religion. Dead Kennedy's. The Misfits. Social Distortion. Bauhaus. Jane's Addiction. Husker Du. Violent Femmes. Siouxsie & The Banshees.

C'mon, this is it! These are the classics to me! The honor roll, The holy list of who's who when it comes to saving the world from 2 stupid guitars and a drum! Almost everything before this doesn't count since it was all big money, big label, big yawn, drivel. *Says evening prayers and lays out sacrifice to the gods of Sub Pop*

:D

poetinahat
06-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Well, in my defense, I didn't have all day... :rolleyes: (but the Femmes aren't on my list. Saw them once... worst concert I ever saw. I walked out. But I know there's a lot of love for 'em, so...)

And there's still a lot to go: Cocteau Twins, Tones on Tail, Prince, Thriller, Sex Execs, Sam Kinison, Beastie Boys, Eddie Murphy, Batman, Dead Poets Society, Danse Society, Throwing Muses and so forth.

Kathl33n
06-29-2011, 08:34 AM
I was a pre-teen and a teenager in the 80's. I had big hair. I got permanent waves just to make it bigger. And hairspray... lots and lots of hairspray. So much hairspray that I had to put a jar of baking soda in the shower next to my shampoo just to be able to get it all out so I could get a comb through it after washing it!

We wore Jordache jeans so tight that you had to lie in bed first to get them on, and I was a size 3 then, so it wasn't like I had a weight problem or anything. We also had parachute pants (blush), and I had a pair. There were stirrup pants and we'd wear socks that matched the long shirt that went over the pants, preferably with a thick belt on top of the shirt. We turned our collars up instead of letting them lay flat and natural around our necks.

We listened to cassette tapes in the car, and you had to fast forward to your favorite song, which could take a good few minutes, unlike CD's nowadays where you just press the button and you're there. You made "mix tapes," where you'd sit all day with the radio and record your favorite song when they played it on Top 40 with Casey Kasem, or you'd buy one of those double cassette decks, which were really cool then, because you could make a mix tape with the cassette tapes that already had the music on it, and you'd have your music without that irritating DJ talking over the first and last parts of your song you wanted to record.

Okay, so why didn't anybody mention Madonna or George Michael?

KTC
06-29-2011, 08:39 AM

I'm with KTC.

i saw them in concert! ;-)

Purple Rose
06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
sheadakota said pretty much everything I was going to say.

The one thing that really sticks out for me has got to be Big Hair. Oh yes and there's also Band Aid (the British charity event for Ethiopia which Bob Geldof started). And Herpes was a big thing and soon after came GRID which became known as AIDS.

ETA: I want my, I want my MTVeeeeeee!

Xelebes
06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
I was born in 1985, so let's see what I can remember. The Smurfs; yellow, tiny Toyotas; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; my older brother's Transformer toys; Square One (on PBS Spokane); Brite-Lights. All I can think of right now.

Alessandra Kelley
06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
You missed a few!!!! More like a lot:
Patti Smith. The Clash. Lene Lovich. The Pixies. Bob Mould. Billy Bragg. Shelleyan Orphan. Psychic TV. A Band of Susan's. Sonic Youth. Morrissey. The Sugarcubes. Bad Religion. Dead Kennedy's. The Misfits. Social Distortion. Bauhaus. Jane's Addiction. Husker Du. Violent Femmes. Siouxsie & The Banshees.

C'mon, this is it! These are the classics to me! The honor roll, The holy list of who's who when it comes to saving the world from 2 stupid guitars and a drum! Almost everything before this doesn't count since it was all big money, big label, big yawn, drivel. *Says evening prayers and lays out sacrifice to the gods of Sub Pop*

The Violent Femmes? I thought nobody heard of them outside the greter Milwaukee area! Also I forgot Ghostbusters. And Japan.

And ...I was in college during the 80s, too. But my hair was never big, although I did have a Pre-Raphaelite perm for a while.

I saw Square One! It was great.

Alessandra Kelley
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh! And also Doctor Who, the Two Ronnies, Dave Allen, and Blackadder.

I have always been so far out of the mainstream it isn't funny.

areteus
06-29-2011, 04:40 PM
I started comprehensive school in 1985. And yes, it was a comprehensive school NOT a High school, Academy or College as all UK schools seem to be rebranding themselves as despite still being exactly the same as they were when I was there (and as a teacher I know exactly how similar they all are still... only real difference is that there were no PCs, just a single BBC micro for the whole school to share...). So I do get nostalgic for the 80s... and the 90s... I get nostalgic for them too. The 70s were ok but the fashions were awful (I still get flashbacks whenever I see tank tops...)

JimmyB27
06-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Being born (Ok, I don't actually remember that one, but I'm assured it happened).
He-Man, Lego, Rainbow, The A-Team, Knightrider, Dukes of Hazzard (or 'dukesizzazzard' as I called it at the time), Manta Force, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, The Beano, Meat Loaf, the BBC Basic, the Commodore 64...

Undercover
06-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Punky Brewster? Or was that mentioned already.

shakeysix
06-29-2011, 06:29 PM
my greatest generation iwo jima marine father's face the first time he saw boy george on mtv. --s6

Cranky
06-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I remember getting a Walkman for my ninth birthday. My first tapes were Phil Collins' No Jacket Required and Tears for Fears. Same year I learned how to saw away on a cello, and the year before I got a Rainbow Brite doll and a journal with a lock on it for Christmas.

I remember double dutch, tetherball and foursquare at recess. Jolly Ranchers and Now & Laters. Fighting with my brothers over the afternoon TV (no cable yet for us): My Little House on the Prairie versus their Transformers, He-man and GI Joe..."Knowing is half the battle!" My brothers had all the action figures and collected all of the Garbage Pail kids. When we got cable, I remember being astounded by the remote control and MTV. I quickly ditched Phil Collins in favor of Madonna and Duran Duran, and hid behind my mother's recliner to watch Friday the 13th on HBO. (Screamed and gave myself away, hehe) Almost forgot! Watching Return of the Jedi and ET in the theaters! I got a pair of peach colored hightop Reeboks with the double straps. They were the coolest thing evah.

I turned 13 in '88, and started wearing the big hair and too-thick eyeliner. Looking at my school pictures from those years are like a horror show of over-processed, stiff hair and over-sized plastic-rimmed glasses and curling iron burns that looked like hickeys. I professed my undying love for The New Kids on The Block. Had a solid wall of their pictures torn out of Tiger Beat in my bedroom before moving on to Guns 'n Roses and all things metal until the '90's and Nirvana came on the scene.

Ah, memories. :D

Wicked
06-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Duran Duran, The PetShop Boys, Cinderella, Poison, Laura Branigan, etc, etc.

Rollerskating, cruising, and skateboards.

Never went in for the big hair, unless my friends got ahold of me and played mad scientist hair dresser. It is, was, and will always be long and straight and in a pony tail.

I had a hot pink tubetop, denim miniskirt, denim jacket, and high top LA Gear shoes with multiple wild colored laces.

An old Camaro that I somehow didn't manage to kill myself in.

Willow, Ghostbusters, Labrynth, The Princess Bride, Mad Max, The Dark Crystal, Spies Like Us, Caddyshack, Empire Strikes Back, Footloose, The Lost Boys

Don Allen
06-29-2011, 07:35 PM
I hate to be a buzz kill,,, but,,,,,,John Lennon,,,,,,

I was 110% sure the Beatles would play together again and John's Murder literally effected me like losing a family member.

But, on the bright side "Back to the future" was a blast.

Jersey Chick
06-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I remember the biggest movie twist ever...

"No, Luke. I am your father."

My dad took me and my friends to see The Empire Strikes Back and not only did we talk about this all summer, but I walked away from that movie with such a huge crush on Harrison Ford, it wasn't even funny. :D

Bubastes
06-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow, you guys have covered a lot of my own memories! I graduated high school in '87, so my teen years were firmly in the 80s. I'd like to add: paisley, argyle, banana clips, lace fingerless gloves, Depeche Mode, Night Ranger, Scritti Politti, Shaker knit sweaters (wearing them backwards optional), Ocean Pacific t-shirts, the first Macintosh, mood lipstick, Betamax, California Coolers (wine coolers that had actual wine and real fruit juice -- who knew?), and Sweet Dreams teen romance novels.

ETA: barrettes with ribbon woven through them, Friday Night Videos (I was hooked on them as well as MTV), Defender, friendship pins and bracelets, side ponytails, Dee Snider testifying before Congress, Styx jumping the shark with "Mr. Roboto," Party Naked shirts, The Preppy Handbook.

Wicked
06-29-2011, 07:59 PM
A fifty mile drive to high school, twenty of it on dirt and gravel back roads, and a girl who was chronically late.

Ahhh, memories.

The highway patrolman knew me on sight. :roll:

This thread made me dig out a photo album. So much for getting any work done this morning. :tongue

Almost forgot. -
Atari
Nintendo
Asteroids
Barnstorming
Frogger
Galaxian
Castlevania
The Legend of Zelda

brainstorm77
06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
I loved being a kid in the 80's. Garbage Pale Kids trading cards, Popeye Cigarette candy sticks, Fun Dip...Boy George, and Return of the Living Dead out for the first time on VHS. Swimming in the nearby river. *sigh* I absolutely LOVED IT!

Cella
06-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Quickie Says: Relax!

regdog
06-29-2011, 09:52 PM
I absolutely loved the 80's,
The music-Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls, Bow Wow Wow, The Clash, The Cure, The Call, The Flirts, The Buggles, Van Halen, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Toto Cloeo, Altered Images, Billy Idol, Adam and the Ants, Styx, Missing Persons, Culture Club just name a a few:D

The video games-Space Invaders, Tempest, Defender, Asteroids, Frogger, Robotron

The clothes-parachute pants, ripped shirts, baggy sweater, belts and bangle braceletes

Ribbon barrettes

Scratch and sniff stickers-Those things smelled so weird

Trapper Keepers

MTV (back when it was good) Video Killed the Radio Star

John Hughes movies-The Breakfast club, Pretty In Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Plains Trains and Automobiles, Uncle Buck, Sixteen Candles

Candy-Fun Dip, Nerds, Whatchamacallit

The Cartoons-Transforms, G I Joe, Smurfs

Movies-Ghostsbusters, Princess Bride, Gremlins, Lost Boys

I'm with KTC and Poet. Loved the 80's will never leave them

Gretad08
06-30-2011, 12:45 AM
The Goonies! (I had to devote one line just to this movie, Cyndi Lauper soundtrack, older brother with workout shorts OVER his sweatpants using one of those springy, stretchy things to work out.

R.L. Stine books, Reading Rainbow (PBS??), Jellies (shoes), Hammerpants, playing outside alllllll day in the woods/creek behind my house, The Neverending Story, metal swimming pools complete with sharp seams to scrape your feet on when you made a whirlpool with your friends

ETA: Perms

Undercover
06-30-2011, 02:58 AM
OMG I loved the Goonies! I remember we stayed in the theater and watched it a second time.

Who's the Boss anyone?

And I loved Reading Rainbow too.

Scratch n Sniff stickers (you know it Regdog)

Gretad08
06-30-2011, 05:04 AM
OMG I loved the Goonies! I remember we stayed in the theater and watched it a second time.

Who's the Boss anyone?

And I loved Reading Rainbow too.

Scratch n Sniff stickers (you know it Regdog)

Who's the Boss was great. When I was on maternity leave, and up at all hours of the night I watched Cheers, Who's the Boss, and my all time favorite, Roseanne.

Arcturus
06-30-2011, 05:57 AM
This is funny because I'm currently watching ALF on Hulu. The writing was so much better then. I'm about halfway through the 3rd season. I was watching Night Court until the damn site pulled it off http://www.fotolode.com/images/paladin/thblarg.gif

Small Wonder should get an honorable mention.

One of the funniest things I remember about the 80's was singing Prince's Little Red Corvette on a church trip. The WHOLE GROUP was singing it.

I was the DJ for my Middle School dances, and as a 6th grader, playing Jam On It by Newcleus, and watching them breakdance. The worst part? Having to run back to the DJ booth to start the next record when I was slow dancing.

I miss those times. http://www.fotolode.com/images/paladin/crying1.gif

backslashbaby
06-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Did anyone mention The Smiths? And, for me, The Alarm, Berlin, Kajagoogoo, Til Tuesday, Falco, Eddy Grant, and tons of bands that began before the 80's. Was LL Cool J before the 80's at all? I'd have to look everyone up :)

Of course, U2, The Police, etc. And the Red Hot Chili Peppers! Loved/love REM, and they performed at my High School auditorium way back in the day :)

For better or worse, 14-year-old girls could look like this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_za_lEu5qbfY/S8KH68lUrlI/AAAAAAAAEqo/JdlMMBowr-A/s1600/annabella+lwin.jpg

and folks didn't freak out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAuctkToNg)

BardSkye
06-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Hmm. There don't seem to be many headbangers here yet.

Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Dainty, fancy ankle socks worn with short, short skirts
LOVED the big hair.
HATED my own thin, baby-fine hair that refused to grow up, even with cans of hair spray.
Walkmans. Mine finally died just last fall. I still prefer cassette tapes over cds, especially for recording.
Night Court
Bon Jovi
Working for a record and video rackjobber and getting backstage passes to all the big acts that came through town.

Mr Flibble
06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
my greatest generation iwo jima marine father's face the first time he saw boy george on mtv. --s6

I remember a mate of mine's Dad saying he thought Adam Ant was foxy...before he realised he was a guy. And putting my brother's eyeliner on before he went out.

Judas Priest
Iron Maiden

Hammersmith Odeon. Spandex! Magnum (Kingdom of Madness) Seeing Metallica two weeks before Cliff died. Seeing a bass player I know almost cry because he'd never be that good...Venom being sooooo bad I went to the bar and met Lemmy. And kissed him for a bet. The Marquee club in Soho. The Hungry Years, where the bar downstairs had The Best Jukebox EVER!!!! Pissing off the local pub landlady by putting Motorhead Motorhead on the jukebox ten times running. Duran Duran's picture being obscured by obscenities on same. Knebworth and and Blackfoot pretty much stole the day. Deep Purple were fairly crap. A hail of projectiles at (I think..it's hazy) Meatloaf. The weather was so bad, people ended up burning the portaloos for warmth....

KTC
06-30-2011, 03:52 PM
If one person tries to make me remove either my leg warmers or my roller skates, I'll rip their face off. You've been warned!

lcwrite
06-30-2011, 04:05 PM
I remember entering the workforce, voting for the first time, and being so turned off by what was happening in rock and pop music that I turned to country music and Alabama dominating the country music world. I remember the birth of rap and thinking, as I still do, it's missing the "C" in front.

I remember Chuck Norris, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold all dominating the movie screens and watching Invasion USA at least six times the week it came out. I remember watching too much TV but how is it nobody here even mentioned The Cosby Show? I remember going to a class at an IBM center in Houston and at lunch walking through the lobby of the hotel that was being used to film a scene for the mini-series based on The Bourne Identity (and discovering that Jaclyn Smith was way more beautiful in person).

I remember holding down one end of a bar at a local watering hole and winning a lot of team trivia nights - then drinking the winnings. I remember not remembering what happened on a lot of those nights.

I remember being in good physical condition, bicycling hundreds of miles including the Hotter Than Hell Hundred.

I remember the fashion industry coming out with the most hideous designs. I remember a video for Pat Benatar, Love Is a Battlefield, I think it was, in which she and the rest of the women working in a brothel were dressed so poorly that I didn't want to do any of them.

I remember not making a lot of money but being young and single thinking I had a lot more than I needed. I remember extremely high interest rates like the 18% for my first mortgage and nearly 20% for a car loan.

I remember watching friends ruin their lives with drugs and a co-worker dying of AIDS. I remember watching Live Aid in a night club near a local college. I remember calling a radio station the morning we heard about John Lennon's death and asking for Happiness is a warm gun and being told I was sick. I remember the Air Florida crash into the Potomac River, being stuck in the traffic jam at the bridge almost all night, and hearing a local DJ named Howard Stern call the Air Florida ticket office and ask "how much is a one-way ticket to the 14th street bridge" and laughing the first time and then being in favor of his booting from the station because he kept using the re-dial button until he had some poor ticket agent in tears. I remember his replacement, a guy calling himself The Greaseman.

MrWrite
06-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I love the 80's! I'm so nostalgic for that era.

Movies: Back to the Future. Ghostbusters. Empire Strikes back. Raiders of the Lost Ark / Temple of Doom. The Police Academy films. Gremlins. Porky's. Wax on. Wax off. :D Superman. Rocky. Alien. Rambo. Lethal Weapon. Airplane. I could go on and on.

Television: Charlies Angels (I had a major crush on Cheryl Ladd!) Hart To Hart. The Muppet Show. Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman. The A Team. Doctor Who. Blakes Seven. Only Fools and Horses. Sapphire and Steel. Airwolf. Really good quality sitcoms. Russ Abbott. Freddie Starr. Blackadder. Getting a whole new channel. Channel 4. Suddenly we had a whole FOUR channels to watch! Best of all: No Stupid Moronic "reality tv" shows!!!!

Music: Madness. Adam and the Ants. Culture Club. The Stray Cat Strut. Queen. Bon Jovi. Meatloaf. Bananarama. Blondie. Kim Wilde. A Space Oddity. Don't You Want Me? 99 Red Balloons.

Having a ZX Spectrum and the rivalry against Commodore 64 owners. Going out playing with friends as opposed to spending all your childhood on the computer as kids tend to do these days.

Hula hoops. Space hoppers. Those flying saucer shaped sweets that when you bite into them you get this almost overpowering sherbert taste. Choose Your Own Adventure books. Liverpool FC dominating the league year after year. The BIG royal wedding.

Can you tell I love the 80's? :D

Charlee
06-30-2011, 06:16 PM
The 80s were cool! I loved Strawberry Shortcake!

*sigh* I wanna be young again

Mr Flibble
06-30-2011, 06:31 PM
You realise I've been singing Frankie Goes to Hollywood all day because of this thread? *puts on Metallica*

brainstorm77
06-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Three's Company! Gimme a Break! Family Ties!

MrWrite
06-30-2011, 06:42 PM
You realise I've been singing Frankie Goes to Hollywood all day because of this thread? *puts on Metallica*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl5DlrsU90

Xelebes
06-30-2011, 06:47 PM

I've got you beat. I'm singing Bobby Orlando classics.

Xelebes
06-30-2011, 06:48 PM

When I think of Frankie, I think of this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIeMTqoonlo)

MrWrite
06-30-2011, 06:52 PM
When I think of Frankie, I think of this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIeMTqoonlo)

Oh yeah another classic. And this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zARg_K4jRhA&feature=related

Idiotsareus how's your Metallica cd working out?

Mr Flibble
06-30-2011, 06:56 PM

I can't see that :(

Yep that's what I've been singing.

Idiotsareus how's your Metallica cd working out?

Taste me you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

Pretty good!

MrWrite
06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Taste me you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

Pretty good!

When I read that bolded line I thought it was an invitation!

:roll:

Maxinquaye
06-30-2011, 06:58 PM

Relax don't do it, when you want to go to it. Relax don't do it, when you want to come.

Alessandra Kelley
07-01-2011, 03:10 AM
Relax don't do it, when you want to go to it. Relax don't do it, when you want to come.

Weird Al Yankovic! He had a polka cover of that and a bunch of other 80s hits (99 Luftballons, What's Love Got to Do With It, Reflex, Owner of a Lonely Heart, We're Not Going to Take it and more --all as polkas!)

(Actually, I mostly know about those songs through his parodies)

Undercover
07-01-2011, 04:17 AM

Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Dainty, fancy ankle socks worn with short, short skirts
LOVED the big hair.
HATED my own thin, baby-fine hair that refused to grow up, even with cans of hair spray.
Walkmans. Mine finally died just last fall. I still prefer cassette tapes over cds, especially for recording.
Night Court
Bon Jovi
Working for a record and video rackjobber and getting backstage passes to all the big acts that came through town.

OMG, I love you!!! We named our daughter Abigail after the King Diamond song. You musta been a stoner too!!!

Alessandra Kelley
07-01-2011, 04:22 PM
I remember the new miracle product, sunscreen.

SPF 2 bragged it was twice your skin's natural sun defense.

If you were really serious you got SPF 4.

Alessandra Kelley
07-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh hey, does anyone remember the fall of the Berlin Wall, and Chernobyl, and the Stock Exchange crash?

Undercover
07-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can...