I got stuck in the pub toilet.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
It's true. On saturday we went to the newly re-vamped pub near our house (it is now a specific spirits and cocktails bar. Very posh and expensive). We had a quick drink, some snacks and I went to the loo. As you do.

The toilets smelled of paint. As I closed the door I noticed it seemed to close very firmly, but I didn't think anything of it. I did those things you do in a toilet (plotted world domination) then went to let myself out. The door wouldn't open. There was no handle on the inside of the door, just the latch that locked it. I pulled harder. Nope.

At this point I started trying to get my fingers in the gaps between the door and the frame. They were too small. Ibarged into it in the hope that the pressure would force the door to swing back towards me, or at least that someone would hear me. I'd been trying to escape for ten minutes now. I opened the window. Sadly, it was to small to get through. I shouted for help, just in case. Nothing.

Twenty minutes now, me locked in a toilet with nothing to read. Locked in a pub with nothing to drink! I decided to sit and think, though I was starting to get a bit panicky at this point. Fortunately, my husband had noticed I had been in there some time and asked the barmaid- a friend of ours- to check on me. I told her the problem, she opened the door, and we went to tell the manager that he should really put a handle on the inside of the toilets.

As we left, I noticed my husbands mouth twitching.
"You got stuck in a toilet." he said.
"Yes. It's not ****ing funny."
"Yes it is. It's hilarious. It's the funniest thing I've heard all day!" at which point he didn't stop laughing for a full ten minutes.

The point of all this? My beloved husband is a monster who laughs at his wifes pain.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like we have the same husband. :ROFL:

On the positive side, at least it smelled like paint, instead of the less pleasant alternatives.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
I just remember when I was a kid, my sister got stuck in the bathroom at a White Castle in a very similar situation. It was the funniest moment of my young life.

So, you know, all men laugh at the pain of others. It's what we do. Especially if that pain involves toilets.

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have to apologize. When I read the thread title, I thought your ass had becomed lodged in the pot. Sorry.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
ROFL!

It's not funny, no, but.... ROFL!

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
The next time you get locked in a restroom, flush yourself down and you'll come out the other side in China.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
No you won't. :p China's in the northern hemisphere, same hemisphere as the UK. So... nyah! =^P

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
No you won't. :p China's in the northern hemisphere, same hemisphere as the UK. So... nyah! =^P

Seriously, it'll happen. You'll come out in China. So if you ever flush yourself, remember to bring a pair of chopsticks. You'll need 'em!