Hair curler--a really nice high-end make but with a clip

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone who knows about hair offer a suggestion on a very nice spring-barrel-type (I'm almost embarassed to know the terminology)hair curler that actually has a clip? I see GHD and a lot of other companies have some very nice ones, but they are the kind with a barrel only and I want to pinch someone's nose in there (yes, I know you can do that with a conair, but the lady wouldn't own a conair). What's a really nice one that still has the clip, which seems to be less popular as the things get more expensive?

Thanks much,
Quick

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I can't really help, but I'm intrigued by the thought of pinching someone's nose in a curling iron. Is it hot when this happens? :)

I used to have one that was salon quality (many moons ago and sadly, I can't remember the brand), but it didn't have a spring-barrel. It worked the opposite - you could pinch someone in it, but it would take a bit of a grip.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
There are many brands that have a full barrel length clamp. I have a Babyliss one, but I've included some more below:

These ones are from John Lewis:

These are from Babyliss - similar to the ones I own
31XV5VtrDiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

These are Nicky Clarke ones
nicky-clarke-frizz-control-curling-tong.jpg

These ones are from Wahl
wahl_professional_chrome_38mm_curling_tong_826.jpg

Tresseme
unbranded-tresemme-salon-pro-curl-digital-ceramic-curling-tong.jpg

and finally Revlon
revlon-big-curls-jumbo-38mm-hair-curler-curling.jpg

My bet, if she's into brands and all, that she would own a set of Nicky Clarkes or the likes of Treseme or Wahl. This isn't to say that they are the best brands, but you know what people are like for labels.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
My bet, if she's into brands and all, that she would own a set of Nicky Clarkes or the likes of Treseme or Wahl. This isn't to say that they are the best brands, but you know what people are like for labels.

I would agree 100% with this. Only thing is to check if they're available in the US, assuming the story is set in America and the MC is American. Or maybe it doesn't matter these days given how people travel and pick things up from everywhere. The voltage might be an issue though.