• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Spartan Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren W

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.laurenwaters.net
Hello all you Sparta experts out there,

I've written a historical fantasy novel that features vignettes of different time periods. Each era I write about is essentially a short story connected by a central fantastical thread. The second era I feature takes place in Sparta. Although, it has fantasy elements, the historical details are well-researched. If anyone would be willing to read the 19,124 words (which includes the first chapter needed to orient the reader) and let me know how I did in regards to authenticity and details I would really appreciate it. I'm not looking for a line by line beta, more an overall plausibility and fact check, and I'm in my final revisions.

Please email me if you are interested or would like to know more.

Thanks,

Lauren

Lauren W

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.laurenwaters.net
Spartan Knowledgeable

I've received two amazing critiques from ancient Egypt experts and it has been invaluable. Possibly there are no Spartan 'experts' available so I would be just as appreciative if anyone knowledgeable in Spartan culture would be willing to beta read my partial.

Thanks,

Lauren

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Lauren,

I'm by no means an expert, but I did some study of the archaic Spartans as part of my degree. I'd be willing to take a look.

I'll pm you my email add.

Status
Not open for further replies.