Stab Wound Question(s)...

AetherNyx

The Ether Goddess
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aethernyx.deviantart.com
Hallo, was kindly redirected here from the Sandbox. So, I recently decided it's necessary for my MMC to get stabbed. I won't go into the details, but lets say its from a dagger, and although its a quick jab it's a little deep. It's near his left shoulder, between his collarbone and heart, so (to my knowledge) not a completely life-threatening location. I've researched a little but its hard to find exactly what I'm looking for. Questions:

1. How long would that take to heal?

2. Would his arm be unusable for a time?
3. How long would he have to be in a hospital afterwards (from, say, lack of blood)?
4. Is it a life-threatening location? Where would be an easier, yet still serious spot to get stabbed?

Uber thanks in advance
smile.gif

tim290280

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thetysonadams.blogspot.com
Ahh, depends. A larger dagger could damage the nerves, muscles and, as waylander pointed out, hit a major artery. A slimmer dagger would heal pretty quickly.

The larger the weapon the more risk this area has of reopening from movement. To some extent a bullet in this area has the same problem. That is why they immobilise the arm in a sling. Healing times will depend, but you are looking at weeks for soft tissues to heal and months for proper movement in a larger wound here.