Ghost stories at your work

Kevans

Fish from another stream
Registered
Reaction score
As a curiosity, do you have a paranormal manifestation at your work?

I will start. I work at a 50+ year old facility in New Mexico. We have a ready room, we have to man the site 24/7 as a mater of public safety. Next to the ready room is a mail room with a desk in it, when standing a mid watch by your self you will hear the office chair creak in the mail room. If you investigate the sound, it will stop, and a chair in the ready room will start creaking. Chasing the noise can keep you busy all night. I have been working here ten years, still happening.

Last note, we just cut up the concrete in a room next to the previously mentioned rooms. in one corner there is a lot of grease in the gravel.......

Regards,
Kevin

Rane

Duh. #winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.confessionsofacashier.com
I work at my family's store and right behind it is a cemetery. When I've worked night shift before I've heard the front door open but no one's come in. We also have cabinet doors slam shut and other things make mysterious noises when no one appears to be around them.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. I work at a hospital that was build at the turn of the century with many additions over the years. I have experienced different things throughout the building.

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
There used to be a cemetery where some shops now stand and a clothing store that my friend works at has had a lot of strange things going on. Usually you'll hear some noises like the floor creaking or things being in places where they weren't before.

One time there was a crash in the basement. I was around at the time so I went down to have a look. There were a lot of mannequins in a row along the walls facing the other side of the wall and the sound had come from the closet that was at the end of this row. I open the closet to find a headless and armless mannequin with the light flickering above it. The head was next to the mannequin, so I picked up the head and when I did I swore I could hear something move behind me. When I turned around all the mannequins that were in a row had their heads facing me now.

I don't really believe in ghosts, but the episode of Doctor Who with those mannequins came to mind and I just dashed right outta there.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Norwich is an old city. Really old- there's evidence of a settlement here since before Christ. Considering that, it'd be weird if there weren;t ghost stories attached to, well, everywhere. In fact, Norfolk is generally considered the most haunted county in the UK.

That said, there were no specific 'haunting' stories attached to the health food store I used to work in. Nor did we know for certain that it was built on a place of significance. It was a modern-ish building. We occupied a single floor, the upper floor seemed deserted.

Despite there being no ghost story the place was weird. During opening hours, with the lights on, and busy nothing bothered us. Maybe some strange noises in the stock room, but nothing big. But it was after closing, when we were cleaning that it creeped us out. We all got done as soon as possible.

Nothing specific ever happened, it was just a feeling. If you were alone there for more than ten minutes you started feeling tired and weak. Everyone was ill all the time. There was this physical sense of something sapping the energy from you every chance it got.

It started to get worse. We started getting hurt, injured a lot. I fell off a ladder that was securely propped. Another girl passed out in the toilet, had to be put on a saline drip for a day. We were always hurting ourself, cutting ourselves. And there began to be this sensation when we were alone of something that hated us, wanted us gone.

I left three months after I fell off the ladder. In that time I cut myself- sometimes quite badly- a dozen times, threw up on the shop floor once, and felt so shakingly, wobllingly ill I could barely stand it.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
A small office I used in a tiny town near here was 'haunted,' I'm sure. It was the quaint kind of haunted :) I never felt alone (I used to be there many long nights alone). I felt protected, even. Like having a dog there.

I know my doggie ghosts, though, and this was a man, I believe. He was one of those footsteps ghosts. Very nice and polite and curious. It's all good.

The building is in a prime historical spot, so some folks would go looking for clues about it, I guess. Meh. I don't get into any of that for some reason.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
The Hospital I worked in was built in the 1700's and added on to over the years but the original building is still there buried within the new architecture.

Anyway there has always been the story of the 'Dark Lady' that has circulated as long as I've worked there.

Some say she is the grim reeper come to take those newly dead or ready to pass on- I always thought it was just stories to scare the noobs until I experienced her myself.

Night shift several years ago a young trauma victum was brough in - we worked feverishly to save him but it wasn't to be. As we performed the last round of CPR one of the residents looked up, the look on his face made me look as well.
By the nurses station stood a woman dressed in long black robes much like an old fashion nun would wear. She beckoned with her hand and the attending who was doing compressions and wasn't looking where we were called it.

The resident and I both looked at each other and then back to where the 'nun' had stood- No one was there.

The boy was pronounced dead at that exact moment.

I swear I am not making this up.