DELETE

Last edited:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I guess it loses something in the translation. Interesting.

desertbob

Killing time, damning eternity
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite; I love how national humour is so varied between countires and reflects the attitudes of the population.
Here's one from Russia (old communist joke)

A Russian, a Frenchman and an Englishman argued about Adam's nationality.
The Frenchman said, "Of course Adam was French. Look how passionately he made love to Eve!"
The Englishman said, "Of course Adam was British. Look how he gave his only apple to the lady, like a real gentleman."
The Russian said, "Of course Adam only could be Russian. Who else, possessing nothing but a sole apple, and walking with a naked ass, still believed he was in a paradise?"

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I needed the laugh. Thanks everyone. (^_^)

(Will share any I come across.)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Bob...that is a good one............:ROFL:

desertbob

Killing time, damning eternity
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, one more - this one from Brasil:

At a recent International Policing Conference the members decided to hold a competition to see who was best at hunting down a fugitive. They would release a rabbit into the forest and each agency would have to track it down and capture it.

First up was Scotland Yard.
They arrived with a pack of baying English bloodhounds and set about tracking down the rabbit. Two hours later they emerged from the forest victorious with the rabbit.

Next up, Interpol.
They set up a network of informants throughout the forest and were able to capture the rabbit in one hour.

Next for the challenge was the FBI.
They arrived in a sleek black van bristling with antennae and satellite dishes, and using high resolution satelite imagery were able to locate the rabbit in only 35 minutes.

Finally it was the turn of BOPE (Brasilian Special Police) who arrived in a clapped out old SUV with no equipment. They strolled into the forest and were back 10 minutes later holding a porcupine, all battered and bleeding saying "I'm a rabbit, I confess, I'm a rabbit!"

a.forr3st3r

Registered
Reaction score
somewhere over the rainbow... hopefully with a pot
Ok, I'll bite; I love how national humour is so varied between countires and reflects the attitudes of the population.
Here's one from Russia (old communist joke)

A Russian, a Frenchman and an Englishman argued about Adam's nationality.
The Frenchman said, "Of course Adam was French. Look how passionately he made love to Eve!"
The Englishman said, "Of course Adam was British. Look how he gave his only apple to the lady, like a real gentleman."
The Russian said, "Of course Adam only could be Russian. Who else, possessing nothing but a sole apple, and walking with a naked ass, still believed he was in a paradise?"

made me laugh a little...