PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a Godzilla fan?

CatharsisChild
06-23-2011, 05:31 AM
*raises hand and screams in falsetto* GUILLTYYYYYYYYY!!!

Victoria
06-23-2011, 05:54 AM
I do enjoy snagging one every once in a while. My ten year old son loves the old ones. He thinks they're...funny. For me, it's nostalgia, a visit to the past while at the same time marveling at how far we've come in film making, especially special effects. The hot Asian men are a bonus.

Calla Lily
06-23-2011, 06:18 AM
I own all the films from the very first through Tokyo SOS.

:D

LOG
06-23-2011, 06:18 AM
Perhaps it would be easier to phrase the question in the negative?

Shadow Dragon
06-23-2011, 07:39 AM
I grew up watching a ton of Godzilla movies. I though they were pretty entertaining and still like watching one from time to time.

Don Allen
06-23-2011, 07:45 AM
My favorite was "Destroy all monsters" but only because you got to see all the guys together, and Godzilla went back and rescued Mothra... That big ol' lovable lug....

thothguard51
06-23-2011, 07:56 AM
It's amazing Tokyo has survived all these monsters only to be taken down by Fukimori run amok...

I wonder what new story lines will grow out of this disaster? Return of Mothra perhaps?

frisco
06-23-2011, 08:07 AM
I was just thinking that the other day. I could almost see the trailer. It starts with current newscasts and images from Fukimori, then the screen goes black and you hear the famous Godzilla roar.

Godzilla 2012...coming soon!

Anyway I've always been a fan of Godzilla. Loved watching him on Create Feature back in the day. People say when you get older you are supposed to grow up and give up on your childhood pleasures. They also say I'm wasting my time trying to be a writer. I don't listen to them on either count.

regdog
06-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Love him and might I add

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/MotivationalGodzilla.jpg

Manuel Royal
06-23-2011, 06:42 PM
What's Fukimori?

I've enjoyed Godzilla since the mid-1960s. He's a complicated monster.

Vince524
06-23-2011, 07:24 PM
What's not to love?

When I was little, my family went camping. I was sleeping in the tent with my sister. We had a battery powered lantern on for some light because otherwise it was pitch black and if you need to get up to go to the bathroom you'd fall over each other. My Mom went to the bathroom, which was an outhouse down the road. When she was coming back, she saw a shadow in the tent and thought that there was an animal in the tent about to eat me and my sister.

It was my Godzilla toy. The lantern made it look 5 feet tall. I wasn't a normal boy. I didn't have a teddy bear, I had a radioactive lizard!!

[URL Redacted. PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK! (The replacement image here is one very good reason why not...)]

Isn't he cute?

CatharsisChild
06-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Dude, what the fuck?! Oh, my gaaaaahhhdd!!! No! NO! NO, NO, NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

MacAllister
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
This is why we ask people to please not hotlink images. (Vince, if you're not sure what hotlinking is, PM me.)

robeiae
06-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I thought this thread was about Blue Oyster Cult...

amrose
06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
I <3 the kaiju. Gigan especially. And Mothra.

My grandpa and I used to eat single serving lemon mernege pies and watch the old Hulk series and the Godzilla flicks on the Sci Fi channel...back when the Sci Fi channel was awesome.

Vince524
06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
My apologies. I have no idea what I did. I just did a google search for godzilla toys, found a site, copied and pasted the pic and looked fine to me. What was it showing?I got a pm from a mod explaining what happened and why, so I won't do that again. Sorry.

robeiae
06-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Not good enough! Someone feed Vince to Rodan.

thothguard51
06-23-2011, 09:35 PM
What's Fukimori?

The nuke plant in Japan that recently melted down...

MacAllister
06-23-2011, 09:38 PM
My apologies. I have no idea what I did. I just did a google search for godzilla toys, found a site, copied and pasted the pic and looked fine to me. What was it showing?I got a pm from a mod explaining what happened and why, so I won't do that again. Sorry.

A little bit about hotlinking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_linking#Controversial_uses_of_inline_linkin g) (or inline linking) and why it's bad manners...

In the meantime, the site you'd hotlinked to switched out the cute little Godzilla toy image for a goatse shock pic (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/goatse).

If you want to use an image, save it to your own hosting site (like photobucket.com which is free, or an image directory on your own domain or blog, if you have one) and link to it, there.

BenPanced
06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Mike "Uncle Nez" Nesmith has something to say about this! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRmQp19Ga8U) (The Godzilla/Gojira-type stuff. Not the goatse.)

Vince524
06-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Something tells me I shouldn't click on the link that Mac gave while I'm at work. But again, apologies to all.

Except to Rob.

Rodan indeed.

Calla Lily
06-23-2011, 10:01 PM
My grandpa and I used to eat single serving lemon mernege pies and watch the old Hulk series and the Godzilla flicks on the Sci Fi channel...back when the Sci Fi channel was awesome.

*sigh* Yes, the SciFi Channel used to be fun and stupidly goofy. Now it's just stupid. (Well, Eureka isn't bad...)

Vince, not that you care, but the only reason I didn't put you on perma-Ignore after that pic was because I had to do work stuff. Glad to know it wasn't an intentional posting.

I'll take pics. :evil

Zoombie
06-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Man, I'm glad I came to this thread late...

So, anywho, I also like Godzilla!

Vince524
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Vince, not that you care, but the only reason I didn't put you on perma-Ignore after that pic was because I had to do work stuff. Glad to know it wasn't an intentional posting.

I'll take pics. :evil

Wow, I'm feeling worse by the moment!! I still have no idea what it was!! All I saw was Godzilla!!

LOG
06-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Some of the fan creations are also epic.
KaijuSamurai's works are my favorite. (http://kaijusamurai.deviantart.com/)

CatharsisChild
06-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Fatality.

TheMindKiller
06-24-2011, 04:28 AM
I know talking about this movie in a thread for Godzilla fans is probably some sort of blasphemy but the soundtrack for the Matthew Broderick Godzilla movie was actually a really good soundtrack.

I only say it because the movie was so bad no one ever gives any love to the music.

ME TOO!!!! lol

Calla Lily
06-24-2011, 06:46 AM
The Matthew Broderick movie had one redeeming factor: Jean Reno. Mmm.

Medievalist
06-24-2011, 06:48 AM
What's really really fun is watching Godzilla movies that have been dubbed in French.

Really.

German isn't funny, but the French is hi-larious.

amrose
06-24-2011, 09:15 PM

Me too. I'll take a pass on goatse anyday.

At least it wasn't pain.jpg.

::shudder::

Manuel Royal
06-25-2011, 04:40 AM
What's Fukimori?

The nuke plant in Japan that recently melted down...
Do you mean Fukushima?

thothguard51
06-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Something like that... I know it starts with an Fuk...

captain_ryan
07-14-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm a huge Godzilla fan.

And my wife just rolls her eyes and walks away.

How she keeps from walking into stuff I'll never know.

RayC
07-21-2011, 05:10 PM
I remember when I was like seven that I would watch Godzilla 1985 and Gorgo over and over and over and over again! I loved those movies!