• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted: Beta/Critter for Historic Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I have a manuscript that's approximately 94,000 words (using Open Office). It's an historic romance that's based off Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera. It takes the events of the books and spins them a new way, then proceeds onward, showing what happened afterward. It is not based on the movie or musical, but the original book.

The novel has been revised several times, and is as well-polished as I can make it, but there are a few areas that just . . . give me authorial twinges. I suspect they could be improved upon, but I'm too close to the story to figure out how.

So, I'm interested in having a few people thoroughly critique the novel. I'm not afraid of useful criticism, in fact that's exactly what I want. I'm tired of friends reading it and saying, "Oh my gosh! This is wonderful! Don't change a thing!!!" I know it has flaws, and I'd like to fix those flaws so that I can start submitting the thing.

If you're interested, you can read and critique the first chapter. I posted it in the SYW Historic forum. That should give us an idea of whether we'll get along or not, right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.