Help re. flyers and posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was talking to the vice-president of a major local printer today. Anyway, he's a sweetheart. He said that he will do 50, 100 copies, whatever I think I need. But the problem is, he's talking to someone (me) who is useless when it comes to computer language (although I am trying to learn!). Anyway....he looked at the site (we were talking over the phone and I directed him to it) and said that he couldn't print from the website because it's lower resolution particularly for the posters (he could do it, but it wouldn't be a good enough job). To do a good job, he would need the original file. Is there a higher resolution file or is that what you guys are all using. If you are using this file from the website, what size posters and flyers are you all printing out? If I knew that, then I could go back to the printer and tell him what people are doing from the site. Thanks for being so patient with me guys! (Are you there Charlie? - help)

Deb :)
p.s. My husband is helping me with this!! He does know a thing or two about computers - thank goodness!

Last edited:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He needs to download the appropriate PDF file(s). They are 300dpi files created to fit specific paper sizes without having to resize them in any way.

For an 11x17 poster, download the US poster
For an 8.5x11 flyer, download the US flyer

With the bookmarks, the US 10-up file is for 11x17 paper, the US 5-up file is for 8.5x11

The UK files are for europe, asia & australia

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome Charlie! Thanks! So if I tell him what you just told me - should be no problem, right? I mean, he can do this directly from the site?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed. Just get him to go to the SoS site, then the How You Can Help page. Beside each bookmark or poster image is red text describing each file, as in Flyer, US Edition. That's what he needs to right-click on, then save the PDF file to his computer.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Charlie! I'll email him with that info so he'll have it Monday morning. I think that he was thinking along the line of much bigger posters - that's the reason for his questions. Hey, isn't that awesome about the number of prints he said he could do for me?

Deb
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.