My Copies Have Arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
I received the four books I ordered on Tuesday, just before lunch today but I had to scoot out so this was the earliest I could post.

They look great! There is some obvious differences to the draft copies I inadvertently ordered last week. For one, the spine is a different colour; white instead of gray. The ToC is set up a little different, too. Dots where there weren't dots before. And the pagination is different. I'm on page 36 now instead of 38.

The book itself has 306 pages in it, so I suspect we should change our press releases again...? The draft had 323 pages in it.

It's pretty nice to have the official copies now.

kim

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We want pictures of you holding one, Kim! Preferably with a landmark in the background. SoS around the world, w00t!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
OH YEAH - I forgot to mention that, didn't I? When I talked to Tonya, she asked if I'd like to be featured on the main page (you know how they show writers holding their books?). I told her I'd be happy to, but I wish there were a way to get a bunch of us together for a group shot. She said maybe we could make a "collage" of sorts with Photoshop.

So! Everyone, if you're not camera shy, please do have someone take a pic of you holding the book. I'll see what we can do to piece them together and put them on Lulu and maybe on our website, too.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
OH YEAH - I forgot to mention that, didn't I? When I talked to Tonya, she asked if I'd like to be featured on the main page (you know how they show writers holding their books?). I told her I'd be happy to, but I wish there were a way to get a bunch of us together for a group shot. She said maybe we could make a "collage" of sorts with Photoshop.

So! Everyone, if you're not camera shy, please do have someone take a pic of you holding the book. I'll see what we can do to piece them together and put them on Lulu and maybe on our website, too.

Neat idea Jenna!

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
I think I, and SoS, would be lost with Parliament Hill behind me so I might have to stand next to the Rideau Canal instead.

Good idea, Jenna!

kim

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Give the Parliament buildings a shot. If you stand inside the gate with you in close-up (somewhat like in your avatar maybe?) and the cameraperson crouching a little, the peace tower might come out just right over your shoulder or something like that. Even if all you see is the top part with the clock, that'd be awesome!

The canal is pretty neat too. I used to live on 2nd Ave in the Glebe, less than a block from the canal. Say hi for me. ;)

I think we should all try for waist-up or chest-up shots so that the cover is recognizable, and if we can get a shot with something cool in the background, all the better!

Last edited:

Gillian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gillianpolack.com
September skies said:
What a cool idea.....SOS near Eiffel Tower, another in Sydney Australia, San Francisco, Empire State Building, the Everglades....
Can't do pictures for a fair while from here, because shipping to Australia takes a while. When mine comes, if it is not too late, I will find a landmark. It won't be any landmark most US people recognise.

I live close to Sydney by Aussie terms, but still, four hours is a long way to go for a photo. I can do our Parliament House. I admit it is not what is best known about Australia. The only beaches hereabouts belong to long and narrow rivers, so I can't even get nice pictures of surf to fit the stereotypes. It is very sad, living inland in a country which the rest of the world assumes is all beach and the Sydney Opera House. (Except that Canberra must be one of the best cities in the world for a bunch of reasons, so I will just dip out of the photos and revel in mountain living and clean air. )

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess I will be standing next to a cow . . .

Got my copies today--I ordered just two for now, but should be able to order more when Christmas money comes in. I've had a some family members that are going to order, too.

Not sure I want to crack the pages and ruin its pristine appearance!

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
I haven't gotten mine yet, :cry:

I ordered some more this morning and chose a different shipping option. I have a funny feeling both orders are going to arrive at the same time although they were placed over a week apart.

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hey, i doublecrossed myself. i was hoping to have mine today. no mail. veteran's day.

ken

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
According to Lulu, mine were shipped on the 7th, so hopefully I'll get 'em soon. I ordreed five, and four are already spoken for, so now I'll have to place another order anyway.

Silly me -- shoulda just ordered a crate of them.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Got mine today, and all i can say is, WOOO HOOO! They look fabulous, and I can't wait to get'em to the people that have 'em claimed. One to my mom, one for me, one for Christmas for my best friend, and I think I'll donate the fourth to our local public library.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
GOT MINE TODAY!!!!!

NICE! VERY NICE! Can you hear me smiling?

Ok gotta go now, got work to do with this thing!

P.S.
Here's to all who participated and had anything to do with SOS....:kiss:
(And I made sure not to make it a big ole wet sloppy one) :)

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vanessa said:
(And I made sure not to make it a big ole wet sloppy one) :)
Bummer.
wink.gif

Gillian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gillianpolack.com
My copies came! And very nice they are too.

Worth noting that Lulu got them to me in 3 weeks, which is not half bad considering that airmail to Australia from the US normally takes two weeks and sea mail can be up to 3 1/2 months.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I got my copy yesterday. Well my mom bought three and gave one to me since I couldn't afford to buy one myself. I thought that was very nice of her.

It looks great. You all did a good job putting it together. This isn't the first time I've been published but it is the first time to see my work in print. It's an amazing feeling. I'm so glad I was able to be apart of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.