A little help with software for formatting/organising/layout?

Jimmy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I do apologies if this is in the wrong section or if it is a question that may be easily answered in some sticky, alas I am a noob and need some direction!

Anyway, I am currently writing a big book on boxing, which I am self-publishing, is going to have lots of pictures and be hardback so mucho monies will be needed.

What I am asking is what kind of software would be best for a project of this magnitude? I have heard Adobe In-Design is a good tool to do this on. I have also heard you can do similar things with PDF's...

Any comments are much appreciated!

Last edited:

Aylaa

Uncharacteristic is my character
Registered
Reaction score
Ya indesign is great, but is quite complicated. I'm a photoshop guru, and illustrator lover, and I figured I could cross over into indesign hoping the commands and language would be similar. It wasn't. LOL

I did some layouts, and learned some general concepts with layers, and exported a few projects, but in the end, since I was dealing with just a novel and cover. I went a different route.

Jimmy

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, so InDesign bares nice fruits but needs plenty of tlc. I accept the challenge!

Cheers guys!

Jimmy

Registered
Reaction score
Formatting help!

Hello,

Hope somebody can send me some rope on this one!

Basically, I intend to piece my book together on Adobe InDesign but simply do not have the time to learn this application amongst other obligations.

I do believe part of some author services is in the construction/formatting of your title!?

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Jimmy, you began a very similar thread to this a few weeks ago, so I'm going to merge this with your earlier one. Please don't start multiple threads on the same subject: AW is ridiculously big as it is, and we all have to do our best to keep it tidy.

Thanks.