Personal name credit on posters and flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm making arrangements with a publishing company for donating flyers, etc. Obviously, they will have their name credit on the printed material. Is it a good idea to include personal name credit on the bottom of the flyers, something like (in my case), "Featuring poem by local writer Debbie Burton-Peddle" or should that be left out? Thanks guys!

Deb
smile.gif

Last edited:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By all means, Deb! Print up some stickers with your info and put them on, or write it in if your handwriting is clean.

Lady K'Lyssia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.klyssia.com
I added this to the bottom of my flyers:

Includes "The Final Blessing"
Written by local Science Ficion/Fantasy author
Carol Hightshoe
www.carolhightshoe.com

I print the flyer then put them back in the printer and print the word file containing the blurb - came out great.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lady K'Lyssia said:
I added this to the bottom of my flyers:

Includes "The Final Blessing"
Written by local Science Ficion/Fantasy author
Carol Hightshoe
www.carolhightshoe.com

I print the flyer then put them back in the printer and print the word file containing the blurb - came out great.
What a neat idea, Carol! Even if you are getting b&w or full colour printouts done at a copy shop, you could bring them home and run them through your own printer to personalize them. The extra little bit of text at the bottom would hardly use any ink at all.

The only caveat would be NOT to run an inkjet-printed flyer through a laser printer to add text, the heat would probably wreck it and muck up the innards of your laser. I'm sure most of us aren't printing flyers on inkjets anyway because of the prohibitive ink costs.

PS -- you could use this trick to add the 'donated by' text to the bottom as well, or any appropriate extra stuff to localize it. This is brilliant, Carol!

Last edited:

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WOW!!! Just picked up my flyers, posters and bookmarks from our extremely generous local printer (who I'm going to give thanks to on the Thank-You thread)! 500 Bookmarks, 100 flyers and 50 posters!! And they look spectacular!!

Deb
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.