Trailer for my novella

Cabriolean

Registered
Reaction score
It's really good, I liked the way the text was in time with the music and that slowly more of his face was revealed. Are you planning on using the same photo on the cover?

GMF

Author
Registered
Reaction score
It's really good, I liked the way the text was in time with the music and that slowly more of his face was revealed. Are you planning on using the same photo on the cover?

I've done another trailer with a different piece of music, which I sort of like better. The music in the first trailer if from FreePlay and I'll have to buy a license to use it, and who knows how much that will cost. The music in the second trailer is free.

Here is a link to the second trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JckP56YoLkwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDCcMbeKTI

Here is the book cover:

Gerard_front.jpg

Last edited:

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
Waiting on the trailer downloading. But I just wasnted to say that I REALLY like the cover.

Salt

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
The description at the bottom was most interesting for me. Now when I think boy vampire, especially one that has survived that long, I don't think innocent cute kid. The picture presented is sad and from what I can tell, the kid's pretty cute. I get all these bad vibes however when I see the words associated with the book. So it's intriguing. But definitely the description of the book more than the book trailer although I liked it.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
I wish you'd change how some of the words are coming from off screen. The word Betrayal specifically because it's the word that is changing the tone of what you're listing, but because you have it coming from the end of the word it's easy to identify. Not a whole lot of -ayal words. It just ruins some of the intention of revealing the words in the first place, to me. I think Sin should reveal from the front as well simply because for a brief moment I expected a longer word than sin to be revealed. It's a common three letter combo.

I like that music for the subject of the book. Works well :)

GMF

Author
Registered
Reaction score
The description at the bottom was most interesting for me. Now when I think boy vampire, especially one that has survived that long, I don't think innocent cute kid. The picture presented is sad and from what I can tell, the kid's pretty cute. I get all these bad vibes however when I see the words associated with the book. So it's intriguing. But definitely the description of the book more than the book trailer although I liked it.

You can read the prologue and first chapter here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/58970099/Gerard-Le-Garcon-Vampire-Excerpt

GMF

Author
Registered
Reaction score
I wish you'd change how some of the words are coming from off screen. The word Betrayal specifically because it's the word that is changing the tone of what you're listing, but because you have it coming from the end of the word it's easy to identify. Not a whole lot of -ayal words. It just ruins some of the intention of revealing the words in the first place, to me. I think Sin should reveal from the front as well simply because for a brief moment I expected a longer word than sin to be revealed. It's a common three letter combo.

I like that music for the subject of the book. Works well :)

I'll have to do a new trailer without the release date once that date passes. I will take your suggestions into consideration for the new version. Thanks.

Last edited:

Lauren W

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.laurenwaters.net
Your trailer is intriguing and your cover is very well done! I had to go to your site and read the writing sample and I think you have such a great story there! I'll be looking for it after you release :)