Serious Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotsavant13

Registered
Reaction score
Hello World.

I am an up and coming author, and I need some help. Days ago, I submitted some fundamental concepts to another writing forum, for critique by like minded individuals who not only enjoy writing, but can appreciate it for what it is. My post had been live for less than a day and quickly got hits outnumbering other posts in a similar time frame. My post was a series of thoughts I intended to extrapolate throughout my new piece, and I was seeking the insight of others. I am hesitant to post my work here, seeing as I am banned from the aforementioned site at this time. I had a disclaimer for strong language as per the rules of the forum, and submitted it solely for entertainment purposes which I specified. The day after, I logged in to check for any comments and found that my posting had been removed due to gratuitous language and presentation. Shortly after, I came to find that the moderator who had removed my posting had posted an essay of his own and I recognized a few of my concepts glaring at me through his writing. I'm all for inspiring others and feeding off of success, as long as respect is given where it is due. I called out the author for his actions and was banned from the site. So, my question to you is: is there anyone I can trust to convey my literary artistic license without fear of being abused? Let me know if you can help... thank you.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
That was then and there, this is now and here. I would suggest reading the newbie guide here and forging onward.

Last edited:

idiotsavant13

Registered
Reaction score
thanks... sorry about the double post I thought I got rid of the other one

Sevvy

Spec Fic Writer
Registered
Reaction score
If you post it on the internet, this can happen. In fact, if you ever share anything, this can happen. On forums, you are at the whim of the moderators, and just have to hope you find a fair and kind forum to spend your time on.

I'm sorry this happened to you though, people shouldn't be allowed to steal ideas like that, but I don't think there really is much you can do except move on. With any internet community, make sure you spend some time getting to know the people there, what they think is and isn't fair, so you get a good idea of whether that place is or isn't a good fit for you.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
You say "days ago". How much time passed between your post and the essay? It's entirely possible that the person who wrote the essay developed his own concepts independent of yours, even if they're similar. Essays take time, and you have no way of knowing how long he'd worked on it.

Plenty of people see "their" work in others' when it's nothing more than coincidence.

Little Ming

Registered
Reaction score
If you are referring to this, then no, I have absolutely no interest in your ideas.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever happened on another board stays there. The only place we allow posting of our writing is the Share Your Work forum. You must have 50 posts to start a thread there. SYW is for critique only and not for entertainment.

If you want a forum in which to post your own thoughts, I suggest starting a blog. There's no guarantee someone won't come along and lift your content, but you won't get banned from your own blog.

Go start a newbie thread in the intro forum. Poke around and get to know some folks. Read the newbie guide as Veinglory suggested.

Welcome to AW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.