Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake M. Petit

Geek Pundit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.evertimerealms.com
I self-published my book on the Kindle and Smashwords back in March. I spent about two months aggressively trying to market it, getting reviews, etc.

Now I'm in an interesting spot. Since March, my sales have been steadily increasing. Not to phenomenal levels, mind you, I'm in no danger of quitting my day job any time soon, but each week is bringing higher sales than the week prior, and the jumps are getting bigger.

The question is -- is there any way to figure out exactly what's helping to boost the sales? If it's something I can harness and use, I really want to know that, but the only idea I've had so far is to use Google and Google Alerts to see where the book is being mentioned online... and that's not providing me with anything usable.

Or was my girlfriend right when she told me to just enjoy it and stop questioning everything? :)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about tracking options, as I've never used them, but most of the people who report success through self-e-publishing report similar climbs. It seems to be a matter of momentum.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
Your girlfriend is right. They always are.

In terms of tracking though, I find google alerts to be quite useful, albeit in a limited sort of way. Generally just googling the book can often provide much more information.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
The question is -- is there any way to figure out exactly what's helping to boost the sales?

"Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half." -- John Wanamaker

Your girlfriend is right.

Also, you have to do everything you can, and hope it's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.