PDA

View Full Version : New Lines at Shadowfire Press

michael_b
06-17-2011, 01:12 AM
New Lines at Shadowfire Press

Thrill Me!
Shadowfire Press LLC’s erotic romance line devoted to erotic romance suspense and thrillers. Give us your sexy secret agents, cops, spies, special forces and black ops heroes and heroines facing down danger from the bad guys. 15,000 words and up. Heterosexual, menage and GLBT titles sought. No reprints.

Chill Me!
Shadowfire Press LLC’s line devoted to the darker side of paranormal erotic romance. Demons, ghosts, vampires and weres fighting the good fight against terrible dark forces and evil villains. Can include darker Urban Fantasy. 15,000 words and up. Heterosexual, menage and GLBT titles sought. No reprints.

Fulfill Me!
Shadowfire Press LLC’s erotic romance line devoted to heroes and heroines who’ve never experienced love until they meet the ‘right person’ and find themselves in love for the very first time. Can include paranormal elements, or Urban Fantasy though these plots should be lighter in nature than those for our Chill Me! line. 15,000 words and up. Heterosexual, menage and GLBT titles sought. No reprints.

Older Lines still seeking submissions
Frontiers of Love
Shadowfire Press LLC’s line devoted to scifi erotic romances. Stories should be set on distant worlds, spaceships, or orbiting space stations. 15,000 words and up. Heterosexual, menage and GLBT titles sought. No reprints.

Bound by Night
Shadowfire Press LLC’s line devoted to erotic romances featuring vampires and BDSM. Stories should include mild to strong BDSM content and must have a vampire in the relationship. 15,000 words and up. Heterosexual, menage and GLBT titles sought. No reprints.

Holiday themes

Tricks n’ Treats
Shadowfire Press LLC’s line of erotic romances set during Halloween and the days leading up to it. Stories should be centered around Halloween and may include paranormal elements. 15,000 words and up. 15,000 words and up. Heterosexual, menage and GLBT titles sought. No reprints.

Naughty is Nice
Shadowfire Press LLC’s heterosexual line of contemporary erotic romances set during the Christmas/Yule holidays. Stories should be centered around Christmas/Yule. 15,000 words and up. Heterosexual and ménage (m/m/f or m/f/fm) titles sought. No reprints.

Cinnamon Sticks
Shadowfire Press LLC’s line of gay or m/m erotic romances set during the Christmas/Yule holidays. Stories should be centered around Christmas/Yule. 15,000 words and up. Only gay titles sought for this line. No reprints.

Holly and Misteltoe
Shadowfire Press LLC’s line of lesbian or f/f erotic romances set during the Christmas/Yule holidays. Stories should be centered around Christmas/Yule. 15,000 words and up. Only lesbian titles sought for this line. No reprints.

Hot Toddy
Shadowfire Press LLC’s line of historic erotic romances set during the Christmas/Yule holidays. Stories should be centered around Christmas/Yule. 15,000 words and up. 15,000 words and up. 15,000 words and up. Heterosexual, menage and GLBT titles sought. No reprints.

These calls are all ongoing with no closing dates.

These calls have not been posted on the Shadowfire Press LLC website. They are being offered to AWers in advance of the open call for submissions being made.

For formatting guidelines please visit our formatting page which is here:
http://shadowfirepress.com/guidelines_main.html

Any questions you have can be emailed to us at:
submissions AT shadowfirepress DOT com

Please Note: We are no longer accepting previously published stories. If you self-published it and you had it up for free--or for sale anywhere--that means it was published.

Shadowfire Press pays 40% royalties on net. We define net as cover price minus merchant transaction fees and/or third party sales costs. Site sales are paid monthly. Third party distribution sales are paid 30 or less after we receive the money from the distributor.

Sales of our titles varies. Most are in the three to four digit sales numbers across all vendors. We had the #4 bestseller for 2010 at All Romance eBooks.

Our current 3rd party distribution channels are: All Romance eBooks and we are in the process of adding 1 Place for Romance.

Silver-Midnight
12-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Here's the website link, if anyone is still interested: http://shadowfirepress.com/guidelines_main.html

Their book lengths seemed to have changed as well: http://shadowfirepress.com/book_lengths_pricing.html

One thing that does confuse me is that they said no WordPad, but they wanted .RTF. Last time I checked the default file for WordPad is .RTF. Am I wrong?