PDA

View Full Version : Submission Call at Indie Publisher

acrasiaworks
06-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Acrasia Works is currently accepting original scripts for graphic novels and one shot comic books - www.acrasiaworks.com (http://www.acrasiaworks.com). We are particularly interested in character-driven comedies and fantasy scripts. Check the website for submission guidelines. We aren't specifically looking for creator-owned works; so if you have an artist attached to a project, it is possible that we'll only want the script... Good luck!

badducky
06-16-2011, 06:19 PM
This may be in the wrong forum.

Vaguely Piratical
06-16-2011, 06:40 PM
I agree, probably the wrong forum.

That having been said neither your post or your website really encourages me to submit anything to you. You have no previous work listed, no real information about the company, no names listed as to who is behind it or what experience they have, and don't specify what rights you're interested in.

All you say is how to submit and not to worry about Acrasia trying to steal my copyrighted works. Which kind of smacks of a used car dealer named "Honest Pete". I'm not trying to be a jerk, but almost any writer is going to want a lot more information before submitting.

veinglory
06-16-2011, 06:44 PM
You have posted this at least three times.

I have to say spamming isn't a great way to introduce us to your press.

CaoPaux
06-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeup. Collected threads from around the board and merged into Paying Markets. Location subject to change if/when compensation terms revealed. :cool:

Maryn
06-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Thank you, CaoPaux.

Maryn, polite enough to please most moms

newbound
06-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Wow, I've never seen anything like this on any other publisher's site:

By submitting work to us, you are accepting that Acrasia Works cannot accept responsibility or undertake to compensate you if material similar to yours, received coincidentally from another source, is subsequently commissioned or produced.

Vaguely Piratical
06-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Wow, I've never seen anything like this on any other publisher's site:

By submitting work to us, you are accepting that Acrasia Works cannot accept responsibility or undertake to compensate you if material similar to yours, received coincidentally from another source, is subsequently commissioned or produced.

White-wolf used to have something similar, but that's been replaced by their disclosure form.

Sharii
06-17-2011, 06:38 PM
I have seen this publisher posted on other comic forums as well, non of the posts gave any more details than this one.

And I don't quite get what you mean by not looking for creator-owned works while you're looking for original scripts? Unless you're gonna commission writer to write the script on work-for-hire basis; even without artist attached, it would still be creator-owned works.