Freelance consultant needs a job

blrude

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I have a character who I initially styled as a mortgage consultant but I'm not sure this job does what I want it to do.

Here's the story. Girl tries to separate her life and hide her job from her social life and vice versa (story question is whether or not she'll find a compromise before the implosion).

I need her to work from home and do some or most of her business through phone/e-mail/fax. I prefer it be non-creative where she works with either corporate or business-minded professionals, something mathy would be ideal for the character.

I'd like one of her clients to have a pushy-sales personality, I was thinking a real estate agent but then I realized it doesn't seem like an agent would keep a mortgage broker as a semi-regular. But I do need him to offer her enough work that losing him will hurt either her total work or her connections to get future work.

I want a large project dumped into the MC's lap with a tight deadline, something that needs a computer and hopefully has files to lose.

Any advice/suggestions are welcome. :)

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Freelance accounting/auditor would do it.

They show up to a variety of businesses, alone and in crews of three, isolate themselves with the company books, then produce a "certificate" of verification of some sort that, yup, your books are your books and it all checks out, or a list of "exceptions/advisements/findings".

Also a freelance software "fixer" -- the kind that comes into a business to provide software support for whatever company sold the business the sales/inventory software they use. These folks crawl all over the US like venturing army ants.