This year's pollen can go @*%$ itself.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Seriously. I am having to go to the dr friday for a prescription for stupidly effective anti-hayfever stuff. I can barely breathe. I wake up with my eyes stuck together. I am constantly headachey. My skin itches so bad (because my histamine reaction ALWAYS comes with itchy skin) that I've scratched myself till I bleed.

And this is from Oilseed Rape, too, so I have to cope with it for MONTHS.

Pollen, please go back to fertilising other flowers, and stop spaffing yourself in my nostrils and lungs. I don't appreciate it.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Must be a bad year this year- both my kids have had to have meds for hayfever, and my daughter's only ever suffered occasional sniffles before. My son has had one bad attack before (eyes like golf balls). This year both of them are having trouble with eyelids stuck together etc. Funny you shoudl mention teh itchy skin, my daughter's eczema has gone mental.

You have my sympathies. Especially given your location - lots of arable in them there parts!

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Must be a bad year this year- both my kids have had to have meds for hayfever, and my daughter's only ever suffered occasional sniffles before. My son has had one bad attack before (eyes like golf balls). This year both of them are having trouble with eyelids stuck together etc. Funny you shoudl mention teh itchy skin, my daughter's eczema has gone mental.

You have my sympathies. Especially given your location - lots of arable in them there parts!
I think that's why it's especially bad for me this year. Half the farmers round here are growing oilseed rape this year, because it grows well and it makes them good money.

I have heard it's a bad year for pollen in general.

Perks- thanks for the tip. I may very well give that a try. I'm desperate.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Perks- thanks for the tip. I may very well give that a try. I'm desperate.
I tell you, it's amazing that something so simple can make that big of a difference. You can do it a couple of times a day if you need to - it only takes a minute.

Just make sure you get enough salt (or use the premixed packets.) It hurts like shit if you don't have the enough salt, and you really don't need any more discomfort.

Hope you feel better soon!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
1299775119_pouring-water-through-nose.gif

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, I know, Cray, it looks weird. But it works.

P.S. The zombie-face is completely optional and does not improve the efficacy of the process.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i like to zombie robot 'i can't feel anything' face too.

*turns around. faces the crowd.*
for any of you home users, i think you should do it with this face. it'll freak out anyone watching you.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Okay, who's watching you pour stuff through your nose, Cray? Seriously. What goes on at your house?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm going to pour salty water in my nose, I'm going to creep out as many people as possible while I do it.

part of the clip i posted above is missing.
what you don't see is that the used saline solutions is draining into a bowl of cherrios.

and then when you are done...
well, you know what to do.

Chris1981

Just Another Transman
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm going to pour salty water in my nose, I'm going to creep out as many people as possible while I do it.

That's my take on it. If I have to suffer, so does everybody in my family. Bonus points if friends are over. :)

newbound

It's my turn!
Registered
Reaction score
part of the clip i posted above is missing.
what you don't see is that the used saline solutions is draining into a bowl of cherrios.
Damn, luckily I wasn't eating cheerios when I read that. Would have sprayed the screen with it. LMAO

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Well, that was wash number 2 of the day, in a desperate attempt to get the pollen off my skin.

I feel better for it, but I'll only get a respite of about three hours before the symptoms start up again.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... I can barely breathe. I wake up with my eyes stuck together.

Pollen, please go back to fertilising other flowers, and stop spaffing yourself in my nostrils and lungs. I don't appreciate it.

DANG!

I most certainly feel your pain, Sweetie. :Hug2:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
My car is covered in pollen every morning, and I wish I could cut off my nose. I'm scared of a neti pot, though.
It takes a little talking yourself through the first couple of times, but it's nothing like getting pool water up your nose, because a) the warm, right-balanced salt water doesn't hurt like cold, highly-chlorinated pool water (in fact, it doesn't feel like anything) and b) you're doing it on purpose, not by accident - and that actually helps!

Honestly, my youngest has been doing it since she was four years old and she's a big wuss. You can do it!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This summer heat wave is ticking me off too!!! :flag:

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
I have suffered constantly from allergies during the summer and fall since the day I moved to Kansas as a child. So much so I was willing to be medicated enough to make my heart flutter just to get some relief. Yellow crap running out of my eyes, sore throat, stuffy, itchy, sticky, and mean. Bleck.

Several (six or eight) months ago, I started eating local honey. First I just took it a spoonful at a time, but now I plunk it in my morning coffee. This allergy season has been nonexistent for me. Not a sniffle, not a watery eye. It takes time and I didn't believe it would work, but here I am with all my eyelashes intact and a nose that isn't approaching clown status.

Charlee

Sometimes I have no Y
Registered
Reaction score
It's dark an dhorrible here, absolutely chucking it down and yet I'm still sat at my desk sneezing away...

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My nose feels like a desert at this time of year.

I don't get a runny nose, I get a dry one. I use a saline nasal spray to moisturize my swollen nose.

Vexen

Registered
Reaction score
This year has been awful for me too, as far as allergies go. Eyes, please to stop with the being swollen and constant running and gluing the eyelids when I get up in the morning. Pollen, please to be getting out of my lungs. They already have enough issues. The tiredness can go kick itself too. :e2thud:Least the nose has stopped with the constant drip.
Here's hoping everyone's allergies will go away. Or get more tolerable.