The Name of the American Banking Agreement to Retrieve Illegal Money

Cealarenne

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the international banking agreement in the USA which allows the USA (maybe Treasury, but I'm not sure) to retrieve money from illegal activity that has been sent off-shore. And if you could let me know who retrieves it - whether it's Treasury or the CIA, I'd be grateful. Also, does this agreement extend to the Cayman Islands? Thanks.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
The CIA does not involve itself in banking disputes. They might investigate and collect evidence, but usually it is the FBI working with the treasury.

As far as seizure of $$$ in foreign countries, there has to be an agreement between countries, and each will spell out what and how. Not all agreements will be the same.

Once the US courts declare seizure, the treasury departments works with the treasury of other countries as well as banks. If they don't want to play ball with us, then the US can put restrictions on business with those banks, or governments.

The U.N. has some type of banking laws as well which all member nations must abide by.

The President can also sign a freeze or forfeiture decree on individuals, countries, or corporations as has been done for Iran, Libya, North Korea and other countries.