Authonomy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudekpj

Registered
Reaction score
I learned a few things while querying three big named publishers about a new book idea and it's marketing potential. The responses I got didn't answer my question but did lead me to some useful sites, such as Authonomy.com. Anyone here have any experience with Authonomy.com? I posted a short review of the site near the bottom of the below article:

In Writing, You Don’t Always Get What You Want, But Sometimes You Find What You Need

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Its a peer site and one that is more of a popularity contest than any meaningful help...

Not to say there aren't some good people there, just that the review system is in need of a good tweaking. Authonomy is also geared with CreateSpace, which to me is somewhat a conflict of interest...

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
When Authonomy first came into being I was interested. I signed up and used ti for a while, but, to be honest, it quickly became a popularity contest, about the author and not about the book. To be honest, it's a good idea, but poorly executed.

ladyjerusalem

Mastering the art of telepathy.
Registered
Reaction score
You also must realize, Authonomy is mainly just other writers...trying to get their book to the top of the pile. It reminds me a lot of GarageBand.com, which I think is shut down now. You put up your book on Authonomy and others are supposed to read it and rate it. You can only read online. No downloading available. So you're basically trying to get people you know to read your book and rate it so that it will end up in the top five and be read at the big table at the end of the month. It's, essentially, an electronic sludge pile, where Harper Collins has made the masses their unpaid interns.

Status
Not open for further replies.