• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for Contemporary Lesbian Romance/Coming of Middle Age Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gina Blechman

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently finished my second novel, a contemporary lesbian romance, and am in the editing stages. I should be ready for betas in late July or early August at the latest. Here's a summary of what you should expect:

Now that she's reaching the darker side of her thirty-ninth year, Ronnie McGallen is restless with her desires to search for something more. All of her life, Ronnie's done what other people have told her to do, and where has that landed her exactly? With a nice enough husband she doesn't love, a nice enough job that's long lost its appeal, and a life that isn't hers. To put it simply: Ronnie went straight from being a Smashing Pumpkins obsessed, over-acheiving, hard-rock-loving college student to a bored, 10th grade english teacher who only goes to concerts if they're acoustic and if her and her husband have the option of sitting down.

Yes, it's time to branch out, Ronnie decides. Time to get wild and figure out about all of this life that she's been missing. At least, this is until Ronnie accidentally discovers Leighlah Bell, a sweeter than pie, Southern belle waitress, who Ronnie can't stop thinking about. It's innocent at first. Mere intruige. Perhaps more than a bit of attraction.But when these thoughts turn into feelings and these feelings into a relationship--well, that may be a little more 'life' than Ronnie had bargained for.

Maybe getting older doesn't mean getting wiser. Maybe getting older just means finally having to face all of the things we buried during our youth.

<3 Gina Blechman

Archie1989

Is Published!!!
Registered
Reaction score
This sounds like a book I'd really enjoy reading, I'd love to help you out when you're ready to have someone take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.