Baby food recipes

starbirdy66

Writely Applied
Registered
Reaction score
Website
videsantis.writelyapplied.com
I'm working on baby food articles and would love any ideas, tips, recipes from other moms, cooks, recipe cookbook writers. If you are a published writer I could review a book or site and exchange links.

Thanks!

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
We make our own baby food, but we're still at the single ingredient stage: Steam carrots, puree, serve. Steam zucchini, puree, serve. Not exactly the content of an entire article.

Maybe some moms of older babies/toddlers would have more useful advice.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, steam and puree is about it for baby food. It's not like recipes are really required. Meat, I boiled in a small amount of water that then went into the processor as well.

I froze everything in ice cube trays then transferred to bags. Two cubes of rice, three of veggies, and one of meat and 45 seconds in the microwave was a balanced and calculated dinner.

But as soon as he was able to eat things that weren't mush, he ate what we ate. Same stuff, just chopped smaller, no matter what it was. I was not about to cook 2 meals for anyone.

I know some people keep toddlers on mushy stuff a little longer though, in which case I suggest putting a serving of whatever you made for yourself into the food processor and getting the kid used to eating real food.