SOS, sidesteps conventional return policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
friends, i offer a little info on getting sos stocked in stores/w-bookstores.

the company who stocks a bookstore section in our local hallmark is balking at stocking sos because of returnability. what's new.

but, the loverly hallmark manager is under no such constraints.

she can order sos herself for store stock, bypassing the red tape, and will.

she has read a select few stories,
icon10.gif
, and knows that her lady shoppers just have to have sos.

she can order direct from lulu/w po, and put the books on the sales counter/w poster.

so, look at other venues were returnability doesn't apply.

ken

chunky, you can move this to the proper place, or make a marketing thread. don't know if we have one as yet.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Where they might not wish to stock it because of that issue, perhaps they might still allow the poster in a prominent place? Even if the poster by itself will net fewer sales because it has to be ordered, it's better than nothing.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, with a nice big ORDER HERE!! sign - I visualise it in bright red - perhaps what will soon be known as SOS red.

Hallmark is a great idea. Also we could go also to restaurants that have been known to have a charity tin by the till, or have any history of selling items for charity - and even those that don't telling them they SHOULD!!

Chunky, I think we ought to have an Ideas thread - at the moment all this type of thing is scattered throughout many different threads.

I'm going to be trying to convince people to make a charitable decision, not a business decision - i.e. not only to stock it, but to earn zero from stocking it.

Say - if you are thinking of donating to this cause (disaster relief) why not donate that bit of shelf space right there? You'll need to pay in advance for copies but that's a charitable commitment too. As soon as people start to buy it you can renew the commitment by keeping this anthology in stock.

I can't start doing that yet, but you guys can give that a dry run - hmmm - speaking of which - try the dry cleaners too!!! They've got counter space going to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.