Not open for further replies.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
For your continued inspiration, I'm pleased to list these first sales. (Information paraphrased from the First Sales column compiled by Gerri Russell in the Novemeber RWR) For more information about Romance Writers of America and the RWR, see www.rwanational.com

To Kensington Books: HelenKay Dimon sold her first book, Viva Las Bad Boys, which will be an August 2006 Brava release. Viva was the fourth full ms completed before she sold.

To Kensington Books: Deborah Anne MacGillivray sold Challon's Lady as part of a two-book deal. The book is a medieval Scottish historical with paranormal elements. It will be released in 2006. Author has been writing for 7 years, and actively pursuing publicaiton in romance for 2 years. This was her second full ms completed before selling.

To Kensington Books: Eve Silver sold Dark Desires as part of a two-book deal. This book is a November 2005 release, a historical gothic. Has been writing for 5 years. Dark Desires was the third full ms completed before selling.

To Simon & Schuster's Young Adult Imprint: Jennifer Stimson, aka Jennifer Echols, sold Major Crush as part of a two-book deal. This romantic comedy will be released in summer 2006 from Simon Pulse.

To Warner: Kelley St. John sold Good Girls Don't as part of a two-book deal. December 2005 release. Has been writing romance for 4 years. (Wrote non-fiction for NASA for 17 years.) This was the 20th full-length ms she completed before selling.

To Berkley: Susan Rae, aka Susan Rae Marotta, sold Heartbeats, which was a 2004 Golden Heart Finalist ms in Best Romantic Suspense. The book is a November 2005 release fom Berkley Sensation Showcase. This was the fourth full-lenght ms she completed before selling.

Last edited:

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Hope for me! Thanks, Susan. Always an uplift when I think I suck the big one. ;)

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Sonarbabe said:
Hope for me! Thanks, Susan. Always an uplift when I think I suck the big one. ;)

I frequently feel the same way about my own work. It's a common feeling among all writers. :) The grounded ones, anyway.

We seem to ride a roller coaster of ups and downs, loving the work and believing in it, and then swooping down to the pit where it sucks and we're hacks, etc.

But if we don't believe in our work, who will? So, let's get with the positive affirmations. <G> Positive self-talk. :)

But I do like sharing the fact that people do sell those first books in the romance genre. It's happening. In a little while, I'll post some information I gleaned from an HQ editor and also an agent about what's going on in the romance world these days.

Susan G.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Thanks for doing this, Susan! It really does help a lot of new writers know that new writers really DO get bought every day! :D

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Susan Gable said:
But I do like sharing the fact that people do sell those first books in the romance genre. It's happening. In a little while, I'll post some information I gleaned from an HQ editor and also an agent about what's going on in the romance world these days.

Susan G.

That would be awesome, Susan. It'll give me something to do instead of chewing on my stubby fingernails while I wait word from the agent I submitted to. Oh, wait, that's what my WIP is for, huh? Whoops! Er, my bad. ;)

Susan Gable

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Here's the new list of First Sales. (Information paraphrased from the First Sales column compiled by Gerri Russell in the December RWR) For more information about Romance Writers of America and the RWR, see www.rwanational.com

To Kensington Books - Renee Alexis sold Gotta Have It as part of a 2-book deal. This was the fourth full ms she'd completed before selling. She's been writing for 10 years. The book will be released in January 2006.

To Ellora's Cave - Toni Lea Andrews, aka Virginia Reede, sold Witch's Knight, a paranormal erotic romance, which was her third full manuscript. She's been writing for two years.

To Harlequin Superromance - Suzanne Cox (whom I know personally <G>) sold A Different Kind of Man, a romantic suspense novel. It is a December 2005 release, and was the second fll ms completed. She's been writing for 3 years. (I do know that Suzanne did at least one set of revisions "on spec" with the eds. Also, she's already made a second sale to Super.

To Dorchester - Janice Lynn, a 2003 Golden Heart Finalist, sold Jane Millionare by winning RT & Dorechester's American Title contest. She's been writing for 3 years. Her book is a Dec. 2005 release.

To Harlequin Superromance - Terry McLaughlin sold Learning Curve, a 2005 Golden Heart finalist in Long Contemptorary. It will be a May 2006 release. It was the third full ms she completed before selling.

To Kensington - Pam Mellor, aka P.J. Mellor, sold Pleasure Beach as part of a two book deal. She's been writing for 10 years, and Pleasure Beach was the 7th full ms she completed before selling. The book will be released in Febuary 2006 for Kensington's Aphrodisia erotic romance imprint.

To Avalon Books - Nikki Poppen sold The Dowager's Wager as part of a 3-book deal. It will be released in August of 2006. It was the 3rd full ms she completed before selling.

To Ellora's Cave - Teresa Roblin sold Hocus Pocus as part of a 2-book deal. She has been writing for 4 years. This was the first full-length ms she completed before selling.

So, there you have it. More First Sales to keep those fires of inspiration burning! :)

Susan G.

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
Susan, thanks for posting these. It's encouraging!

Status
Not open for further replies.