Don't worry about getting published.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

My job can be rather mundane so I have plenty of time to think and lately I've been thinking through how I want to write my story. And I was thinking ahead about getting published and my thought was, no one would probably publish this story, it portrays problems with the church.

But every time I've thought that another thought has gone through my head - don't worry about getting published. If it's God's will, it will be. If not, maybe he had another reason for you writing this story.

So I thought I would share that here and maybe, hopefully, offer some encouragement. That just trust God with what you write and allow His will to be done. Because maybe your story is meant for the world to read, maybe it was meant for you alone to work things out in your life. Maybe it was meant for just those you know to read.

In any case, the moral to my story is - don't worry about getting published, give all worry to God and give Him control over what you write and what happens to it. :)

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Puddle Jumper said:
In any case, the moral to my story is - don't worry about getting published, give all worry to God and give Him control over what you write and what happens to it. :)

Great post!! Giving Him ultimate control is hard to do, but takes the pressure off of us. It allows us to concentrate more on the work.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
other possible reasons for what you write

Someone once told me that they figured that maybe the only person who was meant to read what they wrote was whatever editor read it and rejected it. That was a big encouragement to me at the time. I hope it helps someone else, too!

DrCaelinPaul

Registered
Reaction score
Any time I sit down to write something, I think about a person in my life that would like to hear what I write. I then write the poem, story, or novel and present it to them as a gift. Generally, then I can be assured at least one other person in the universe will read my writing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.