Not open for further replies.

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
I'm about to submit a short story - m/m with some BDSM - and I have several options for publishers interested in the 12K length. Samhain, for example, sells both BDSM and m/m, but it doesn't seem possible to search for that combination. I could pick either category and browse for the other. That means looking through quite a few books that won't be of interest. In contrast, Torquere focuses on LGBT books, so someone looking for BDSM need only click on that category to find m/m BDSM. Ease of finding my story is not the only criteria, but it seemed worth considering. What do you think?

I also like the idea of working with a LGBT-oriented publisher, but my other WIPs will be too kinky for Torquere. I'm already looking at other publishers. Right now, I don't see much of a writing career in my future, so cultivating a relationship with a particular publisher isn't an important concern.

Reaction score
Samhain seem cool to me, and they're one of the biggest epubs out there. As for 'too kinky' - you'd be surprised what certain epubs will take.

When it comes to browsing, I say it doesn't matter about the crossover. Your book, if published there, would be listed in both categories. Yes, it would mean looking through other books that aren't of interest, but with an epub of Samhain's stature comes a built-in audience, so...

Yeah, I'd say try them first.

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
Thanks, that helps.

ETA: I want to clarify that Torquere has plenty of great BDSM books. It's just that my work goes in other directions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.