Anne Rice on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
She was on the Topday show and had an extensive interview in the NYT. SHe is not the Anne Rice of old...let's just put it that way.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
She fascinates me. If nothing else, Anne Rice is truly an original! Tell us about the interview-- I missed it.

Steve 211

Here and There
Registered
Reaction score
I actually didn't check it out - still haven't watched Joan Didion from last week, or Michael Cunningham from last month. And unfortunately, you can't listen in to old shows on his site anymore.

For any big fan, though, I'd suggest getting the tape - Charlie Rose offers great conversations of a length and depth that few other shows reach.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,923-1856394,00.html

Basically this is how it went. She states that she has returned to her catholic roots and is now writing christian fiction, her new book is about the life of Jesus. She is trying to get Mel Gibson to make it the prequel to The Passion. She also tries to say that her other books were very religious and in no way have any amoral content. (Me thinks she forgot about about the Sleeping Beauty series...Not that I mind. I liked that series.) She has stopped wearing black and moved to California. About the only thing about her that hasn't changed is her eccentricity. She has this huge bedroom where she spends almost all of her time. She eats, writes, and entertains there. Very Odd. The Queen of Horror has passed into the abyss. O well. Maybe that makes more room for the rest of us...I wonder who her agent was.

DiscoDan

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's great, it takes a lot to just throw away your career like that and do what you feel/knows best. I haven't read it, mainly because I think it'd be a bore like Servant of the Bones. I'm also not quite impressed by the idea of Jesus telling the story himself--sounds like it'd be easy to put words in his mouth. Oh well, good for her anyway.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
I saw her on TV in Detroit about a week or so ago. Great interview.
I am very happy for her. I'm not sure what the change will do for her fans, but I do think she'll be alright overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.