PDA

View Full Version : Front Pages of your E-book

Robrealm
06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
For those of you who are selling e-books, What "Front Pages" (Title Page, Copyright Page, Table of contents, etc.) did you download?

Or did you just start out with Chapter One?

Thanks

veinglory
06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
A lot of that text is there for a reason and still needs to be there. I would suggest looking at some mainstream ebooks or the Smashwords formatting to guide to decide what front matter you need. I would also suggest that you may need a linked menu to chapters.

movieman
06-09-2011, 10:22 PM
I would suggest not putting twelve pages of dedications, reviews by people I've never heard of and a preface about how much your mother and your cat love the story so that the only words of actual story in the sample I download from the web site are 'Chapter One'. I forget which ebook sample that was, but I'm still amazed that the person who wrote it didn't even read the sample after uploading it.

I'm not so sure about a table of contents; it may be useful after buying the book, but when it takes up three of the sample pages it's already discouraging me from buying it. I open up the sample wanting to jump into an intriguing story, not have to flip through lots of pages looking for where the story starts.