PDA

View Full Version : 2011 September Charity Sip Blitz

missouridalton
06-09-2011, 05:19 AM
From the announcement I received:

The Charity Sips have become a Torquere Press tradition, allowing authors to do what they love while giving back to the LGBT community. In 2008, it was marriage equality and the Lambda Legal Fund. In 2009, it was Changing Lives and the Matthew Shepherd Foundation. Then last year, Healing Hearts and Doctors Without Borders.

Here at Torquere, we write romance and give people happy endings every day. We can do this. I know sometimes it's hard to write to a deadline, or to come up with an idea to go with the theme, so we've created a separate Yahoo!groups mailing list for the Charity Sips authors.

The group is moderated, so I'll have to approve your membership before you can post, but that's just to keep the spammers out: groups.yahoo.com/group/torquere_charity/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/torquere_charity/)

There, we can have discussions and brainstorm, plus receive news about deadlines and participation. If you're not sure about an idea and are getting frustrated, or even if you just need to post pictures of pretty people being pretty for all of us to get motivated, please come on over and share.

I'm asking you to join the mailing list today and state your intent to participate.

Participating in the Charity Sip Blitz isn't just a point of pride for us -- It's making a real difference through our art and having a direct impact on our community. We cheer each other on all the time here at the Author list and over at the Social. We know how hard writing is and we want everyone to succeed. And we can, in typical Torquere fashion, make this a fun party while we do it! :)

If we work together, we *will* make this Blitz happen!

Deadline August 1st

Charity Sips basically follow the general Sips guidelines:
* 3,000 to 8,000 words
* Are positive, romantic stories with GLBT people in functional, adult relationships
* Have a well developed plot and strong characters
* Have a fully realized conclusion

Upon Torquere's acceptance of the completed manuscript, authors sign a contract donating 100% of their royalties to the It Gets Better Project.

A full run down of the Charity Sip Blitz is going to be posted to the Charity Sips mailing list, so if you're interested, please hop on over:
It's open to non TQ authors as well, and more information can be found on the yahoo group (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/groups.yahoo.com/group/torquere_charity)/mailing list.